Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

1952-2018; Father, Son

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Is that Mono Lake in the background?

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Open Road Warriors in 356s: 1975, 2018. We are STILL out there, doing it! What are you doing? Not talking, DOING!

Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

So driving a professionally built brand new car with a chase crew and support staff across country constitutes being a warrior for you? That's setting the bar pretty low. It's not like its the early 1900's with poor/non existent roads and highwaymen around every corner.... Hell, I drove 1000 miles in a 10 year old car with barely any money to my name with two 8 year olds in the backseat for 15 hours straight, spent the week taking care of them by myself and then did the return trip straight through again by myself a week later. I must be a God in your eyes. Rolling Eyes Laughing
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
KKiley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

I agree Sharp. A guy with more maney than skills telling us how life works. How many hours did he spend wrenching and getting that car ready for the trip? I have built my own engine on both my Harley and VW and know every nut and bolt on them.

This guy wouldn't know what to do if he turned the key and it didn't start...
Kevin

Click to view image
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Why I bother I don't know, but here goes:

I bought a 1956 356 in 1975 for $1,400, the money for which I earned selling my paintings. I rebuilt the engine three times.

I suppose you both have hitchhiked 22,000 miles beginning at age 16.

I suppose you rode freight trains off and on from 1974 to 1985.

I suppose you drove 41 hours straight through from Denver to northern Vermont in a shitbox Rambler just to see if you could do it.

I've rebuilt a 1970 911 6. Photo to prove it.

In 1974 I crossed the country 11 times.

I've owned a few bikes. I rode a Panhead with no front brake, Springer, and a rigid rear that bike gangs couldn't believe I could ride.

Oh, and I grew up in trailers with no connections or money. My father was a violent alcohol and I did this entire thing, movie, etc., to honor him, no other reason.

Last edited by Eric Marshall Green on Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

KKiley wrote:
I agree Sharp. A guy with more maney than skills telling us how life works. How many hours did he spend wrenching and getting that car ready for the trip? I have built my own engine on both my Harley and VW and know every nut and bolt on them.

This guy wouldn't know what to do if he turned the key and it didn't start...
Kevin

I don’t even care about that, but to act like some sort of warrior badass because you get into a new car and drive it is simply silly. We’re not climbing Mount Everest, we’re not fighting Nazis in hand to hand combat, we’re talking about getting into a newly built car and driving it. Saddle up in one of the clapped out hood-rides that ride so rough they make your kidneys bleed and drive down I10 in Louisiana and I might arch an eyebrow. But anyone could do this. And have a camera crew and chase vehicle to boot? Yeah that screams warrior. Lol.

Personally, I’m not a huge long distance driving. I like to drive, but I find long distance driving boring and a chore. Its not exciting, it doesn’t make you a badass for doing it. Hell truck drivers do it every single day and they aren’t “warriors” or hero’s or anything else. To say otherwise is laughable at best.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Just so anyone knows the true character of this individual. The OP had PM’d me regarding my posts. I responded in kind and after some bantering back and forth one of his final responses was:

“Finally, a sense of humor. Well done! At least I know where your daughter goes to school.”

For the record, this is so far past the line in my opinion that it’s not even funny. Playtime is over. You want to come at me, bring it. But even insenuating anything about my family, especially one of my daughters and you’ve just taken it to another level. So that we are clear, don’t fucking contact me in any form ever again. Anyone that thinks this sick freak is even remotely entertaining needs to think again.
KKiley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

So, he started with the 356 Registry and those boys ripped him to shreds. His facts are completely wrong, the only thing true is his dad had some form of a 356. Not some super special model delivered from the factory.

They refunded his money and he came over here. And that is the rest of the story...

Click to view image
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Funny how the lynch mob mentality is mostly wrong.

Why do you feel the right or the need to piss on my heritage?

I suppose you think Porsche would publish this in their magazine if it wasn't true?

As to the daughter, I was only pointing out, that if you thought I was such a terrible person, it was really dumb of you to give me your daughter's college, etc. I would NEVER harm a child.

And why do you hide under aliases and refuse to give your names. That speaks for itself. Call John Gibbs, the sergeant of the Belfast police and ask him about my character.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

For the record I didn’t give you my daughters college. I mentioned it was considered the best public college in the state she lives in. I didn’t mention this fact either. Simply he fact of mentioning or insinuating anything remotely associated with this shows the fucking piece or garbage you are. Truly out this time you sick asshole.
AMAC1680
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Nothing like the rambling of a narcissist with the chip on his shoulder .
A quick Google search comes up with very little except this sort of thing. Not what I would call leaving your mark on the world .

And for the record I’m hardly anonymous anyone with basic computer skills can figure out who I am relatively quickly .

AMAC
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Read about the first road run here:
http://quantumrun356.com/2018/05/10/first-road-run-for-patches/
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

No thanks
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Good point! I doubt you could handle anything real. Posers: such a delightful group.
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Eric Marshall Green wrote:
Read about the first road run here:
http://quantumrun356.com/2018/05/10/first-road-run-for-patches/

Just wondering about QC . . . don't recall him being mentioned before . . . is he the craftsman/artisan that you paid to build your car?
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

The Q stands alone
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

A final photo: Three Beauties, One Moment.

I bid you all good-bye and wish you all good health, a clear mind, and an honorable heart. And I thank those who e-mailed me privately for all your wonderful and kind comments and support. Nice to know there are many out there who are not assholes.

Remember: When you really believe in something good and commit to it fully, God does help, She really will come quietly to your side and guide you.

Cheers!

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Decided to lock this as I've grown tired of cleaning up all the insults back and forth.

If the thread starter wants to unlock it to post again, send me a PM or email
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: 356 I'm creating for the memory of my Father Marshall S. Green Reply with quote

Found this photo yesterday. Me as a baby in the back of my father's 1952 356 coupe. Apparently all I liked doing was riding in the car. My first memory is looking up at street lights in the rain as we entered my hometown of Gorham, New Hampshire. This must have been 1957.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: