Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any Nissan Techs out there?
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Any Nissan Techs out there? Reply with quote

I have an 05 Sentra with a perpetual P1138 Swirl Control error code. Any Nissan tech's out there by any chance? Curious if there's an easy fix other than replacing the lower intake manifold?

Thanks!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Nissan Techs out there? Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the later ones like yours, but the early ones suffer from a petrified or ruptured diaphragm in the dashpot, I'm guessing yours has a lift sensor on it?
Maybe it's binding and some intake cleaner will free it up?, or is the solenoid valve shorted internally?, or broken?

The factory service manuals for those are very well done and worth the money (used on Ebay), most dedicate a few full pages to diagnosis and repair of a system such as that.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Nissan Techs out there? Reply with quote

It has a position sensor of sorts on the passenger side of the "butterfly" rod, and a servo (or solenoid?) on the driver side to open and close the "butterflies". When disconnecting the linkage to the servo/solenoid it, the "butterflies" moves freely.

The bummer is, Nissan doesn't sell just the sensors on their own, you have to purchase an entire intake manifold $$! For now, I tried spraying some electronics cleaner in the servo, and was able to fiddle with the plugs as well. No luck.

The bummer is, it does nothing to affect the driveablility, in fact the system is only used briefly when the engine is cold I believe. It's preventing the car from passing inspection currently due to the OBD code.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Nissan Techs out there? Reply with quote

GLHTurbo wrote:
It has a position sensor of sorts on the passenger side of the "butterfly" rod, and a servo (or solenoid?) on the driver side to open and close the "butterflies". When disconnecting the linkage to the servo/solenoid it, the "butterflies" moves freely.

The bummer is, Nissan doesn't sell just the sensors on their own, you have to purchase an entire intake manifold $$! For now, I tried spraying some electronics cleaner in the servo, and was able to fiddle with the plugs as well. No luck.

The bummer is, it does nothing to affect the driveablility, in fact the system is only used briefly when the engine is cold I believe. It's preventing the car from passing inspection currently due to the OBD code.

Can you find a used one in a local junk pile or off of ebay? I have had a lot of luck purchasing parts for an old Jeep Cherokee one of the kids drives, off of Ebay. May be worth a quick search.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: