Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

camber angle
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillipM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

You need to take into account that the camber angle you select is also going to alter what you can use for max droop - more negative camber at ride height will mean you have less droop travel available before hitting your max.
Now, that wasn't much of an issue for me when going with negative camber, because my driveshafts are 31-32" long, but it will be if you have shorter shafts.
bugtub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

PhillipM wrote:
You need to take into account that the camber angle you select is also going to alter what you can use for max droop - more negative camber at ride height will mean you have less droop travel available before hitting your max.
Now, that wasn't much of an issue for me when going with negative camber, because my driveshafts are 31-32" long, but it will be if you have shorter shafts.

what length over stock arms have you made
PhillipM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

Not sure exactly, probably about 5"
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

I was confused and photobucket was there. Not the same with pics missing.
http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=144287&start=45
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

I have used:

- zero degrees of camber at ride height (loaded with driver and passenger, not an empty car)...

- OR -

- zero degrees of camber at full droop.

The factor that decides which is chosen, is whether the car will be used on pavement. for an offroad race car, I go for zero camber at full droop. That way it never has positive camber. But if the car will be used on pavement often, such as a daily driver Baja that gets offroaded plenty, then I use zero camber at ride height.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

bugtub wrote:
cbeck wrote:
User jimmy hoffa on here built his own 2.5x2.5 in one of his build treads. Maybe you can find something useful there?

thanks just search jimmy hoffa and nothing comes up do you have a link

Off topic... That's funny right there! Searched for Jimmy Hoffa and nothing came up! Sorry, sick sense I guess. Laughing

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

^ I've been waiting for that exact situation to occur naturally for about 5 years or so since I signed up here. Well executed, boys. Well executed.

I have to search for my photos of my Jig, the Great Photobucket Rapture of '17 has whisked that thread's usefulness away. I built mine for 0 camber at ride height, as I am sure I'll bomb around the streets around my house a lot, and to car shows.
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

Just registered for the spring fling at schlaflys on 5/5
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

pullstart wrote:
bugtub wrote:
cbeck wrote:
User jimmy hoffa on here built his own 2.5x2.5 in one of his build treads. Maybe you can find something useful there?

thanks just search jimmy hoffa and nothing comes up do you have a link

Off topic... That's funny right there! Searched for Jimmy Hoffa and nothing came up! Sorry, sick sense I guess. Laughing

Shocked Does that mean that I have a sick sense of humor too? Cuz' I've been thinking the very same. Cool

I'm still wondering what the inspiration for the user name was. Difficult guy to find? A guy who tends to step on the wrong toes? (bought a buggy and pissed off the mob boss [ie: wife])
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

Okay okay... I'll cave... The inspiration was that my real name differs by one letter from Jimmy Hoffa's name, and it was too close not to just go for it. Smile

The lady is nice and doesn't really mind when stuff like this happens.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

...often.
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: camber angle Reply with quote

It's terrible when a mill arrives. So much to do. So little time... Cool
SoCalBajas Member
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: