Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

808VWguy - [email protected] - John Asato
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 808VWguy
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 20, 2024
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: 808VWguy - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

I placed a wanted ad for -5 Cam gear. John sent me a good aluminum gear very quickly. It was only after removing it from the cam that I realized it was a 0 rather than -5 gear. I let John know but put it down partly to my own fault for not checking before he shipped.

A couple of weeks later he emailed me to say a new -5 gear was on it's way to me. It arrived already removed from the cam, clean and in perfect condition. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate him resolving the problem like that. Really impressed.

Don't hesitate to deal with John!

Also has used:
meandmytype34 - [email protected]
AhnwS71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: meandmytype34 - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

I purchased some gas tank straps from John. He sold them for a fraction of the price that others were charging. I received an email with the tracking number very shortly after the purchase was made through PayPal.
I recommend his service if you see him selling anything.

I believe he changed his user name to 808VWguy.

Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you. the Stranger
Jjnordle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: meandmytype34 - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

John answered my wanted ad for a heater tube y piece (the piece sandwiched between the floor and the rear axle). I’ve been searching for a good quality original part for quite some time with no lunch until John Asato ([email protected]) contacted me. The pics he sent looked almost too good to believe! Our transaction was smooth and easy. The part arrived very quickly and was absolutely perfect!!!! The price was very low for such a difficult part to find and especially for one in pristine condition!!! DO NOT HESITATE TO DO BUSINESS WITH JOHN!!
THANKS JOHN!!
scubasteve321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: meandmytype34 - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

Agreed on a deal for his transmission listed on the samba, weeks ago. Confirmed the date and pick up time

Planned my life and travel in order to make it work on my end and shifted things around

He then decided to text me day before saying someone else offered him more and if I wanted to match it

I said not starting a bidding war, not part of our original agreement

Is this what the VW Community is coming to? Walking back agreed upon deals?

P.S. he changed his name to 808VWguy
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 808VWguy - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

Anybody know how to get ahold of this guy? Ive tried to for the last couple days by PM and this email???

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 808VWguy - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

You didn't say phone so:
He has a phone # in his ads too
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: 808VWguy - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
You didn't say phone so:
He has a phone # in his ads too

I am so not used to clicking that Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sage79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: 808VWguy - [email protected] - John Asato Reply with quote

Just bought a pair of tins from John. Back and forth via text clarified what I was looking for. Good seller. Thanks John!
'77 delux 2.0FI 090Auto - now my son's
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: