Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 1976 westfalia project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvin&Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

Thanks Bus Daddy

I have a kit to replace all... but I wanted to work on the floor mat and having everything in place give me a better view

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1169088.jpg

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1169089.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Calvin&Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

Hi there
About to reinstall the interior but I have one more question
I believe the 2 layers of the floor were screwed together but I was wondering if it was also going through the metal floor or not
Let me know
Calvin&Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

Hello folks
I’ve put the interior back in the bus but I can’t recall how the wiring was coming to the water pump ( and to the speaker)
Is it under the carpet?
Calvin&Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

any Idea
I believe under the carpet is my best option but want to make sure

thanks

Laurent
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

Water pump feeder goes under the front floor mat, through the storage area below drivers seat, out a grommeted hole in the spare tire cabinet, around the back of the sink/stove cabinet and finally to the pump. Nat a very good run by any means. Its also on a fused link and the ground is off the wall behind the sink/stove cabinet.

For rear speakers, I ran my wires up the front left pillar, under headliner, and then behind the wood grain trim pieces above the windows ( same area as the sink light). Into the wardrobe cabinet, and then through that one into the headbanger.

The two pieces of floor (masonite/foam pad) were not screwed together. And I dont believe ive seen any OG ones that were screwed to the steel bed. So many have been changed out since new that its hard to say. Only one of my ‘77’s was OG, and I pulled that floor up so long ago, I dont recall fully.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Calvin&Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: My 1976 westfalia project Reply with quote

thanks Jetfxr69

for the 2 piece of floor mine was OG (and relatively well maintained but there was few stains that would dissapear hence the change... they were definitely screwed together but indeed not down to the metal floor

thanks for the wiring, not that optimum indeed... I will do as you mentionned

hve a great day
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: