Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fram Oil Lines and Oil Temp/Pressure Senders
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Fram Oil Lines and Oil Temp/Pressure Senders Reply with quote

Here is my concern. I have the oil lines for the Fram filter in place then want to run my oil pressure and temps with this adapter. Will I have clearance problems or inaccurate readings?

The temp sender when installed in the adapter from the front goes past the hole for the pressure sender. I dont think it blocks it.

Has anyone run into this configuration? Any better alternatives?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=667183
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fram Oil Lines and Oil Temp/Pressure Senders Reply with quote

The sender really needs to be in the flow of oil to get an accurate temperature. In that configuration it will read at least 10 degrees low, at least according to my tests on a 1600. Is there a way to mount it in the filter, or use a drain plate sender?
SD
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: