Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Teflon buttons
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Teflon buttons Reply with quote

Hello All,
I am struggling to locate wrist pin circlips for a set of old npr big bore (86 mm)
pistons. A friend suggested finding Teflon buttons. Honestly I am happy to have either one! I cannot seem to find anything! Can someone please point me in some direction? I tried VW type one circlips, they are slightly too wide for the groove that the original clips fit in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Teflon buttons Reply with quote

Go to Ace hardware and take a piston, they have drawers full of circlips. I would avoid the buttons.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Teflon buttons Reply with quote

I like using buttons...although Ive never done this engine, but type 1 buttons can be remachined to fit...it's very soft material.
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Teflon buttons Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
Hello All,
I am struggling to locate wrist pin circlips for a set of old npr big bore (86 mm)
pistons. A friend suggested finding Teflon buttons. Honestly I am happy to have either one! I cannot seem to find anything! Can someone please point me in some direction? I tried VW type one circlips, they are slightly too wide for the groove that the original clips fit in.
I turned down some 1600 buttons on the lathe for an old okrasa 36 kit I was assembling, worked great
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: