Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1980 Vanagon just quit.Part ! of the saga
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phaedrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Vanagon just quit... Reply with quote

Yes, the injectors fire with the cap off. I believe they get signal through the coil from the dizzy ground wire (green). Someone who understands the injection system better can expound.

Re: the valves, just rotate to TDC for every cyl and verify that they're still tight. You should feel no play whatsoever. If they're all tight, I wouldn't worry about readjusting them. If one is loose, tighten the tappet until it *just* makes contact with the valve tip (you'll feel it in the screw driver), then tighten 1.25 turns and lock it down. Easy peasy.
calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 Vanagon just quit... Reply with quote

OK cool, thanks Phaedrus ill give it a try. And thanks also for the valve tip, that i can defiantly do. Now all i have to do is wait for the snow to melt, as I'm working outside!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: