Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

64 bug - Left and right Rear crossmember - who has them?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
etijsma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: 64 bug - Left and right Rear crossmember - who has them? Reply with quote

My 12 yr old son and I have started fixing up his 64 bug this past weekend. It’s complete but needs quite of bit of metal replaced including the rear crossmembers.

We have found both sides for his car from Wolfsburg west but at $95 each it blows a 12 yr olds budget. Lol

Does anyone know who sells these in the USA? I have found some places in Europe but that doesn’t help much.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug - Left and right Rear crossmember - who has them? Reply with quote

If they are in stock, get them. Sheet metal production runs were getting fewer, and fewer when I last worked in an Aircooled shop from 03-13. That specific section was once backordered from 3 different suppliers for over 2 years. If he's 100% into the project, buy the parts, and get him to work off the money somehow. Those I have known to put multiple years worth of sweat equity into their first car still have them 20, 30, even 50 years later. Try, and do anything to keep him interested. He'll be a much more responsible teen driver busting his ass on the car, than if it was just given to him. The red car in the little picture was bought by a 15 year old kid 29 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug - Left and right Rear crossmember - who has them? Reply with quote

Another option . . . ya can't beat O.E.M. VW for quality and fit . . . https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2082625
On the other hand . . . If ya want to teach yer kid "sailor" words, get cheap patch panels! Razz

(FWIW . . . The Wolfsburg West panels you mention LOOK to be good quality . . . says "Very nice reproduction from Germany")
etijsma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug - Left and right Rear crossmember - who has them? Reply with quote

I have messaged the seller. Thank you for the link.

He has the money but it runs out quick when your in deep. I only asked as I find it hard to believe they are they only ones selling them here in the US. Want to make we arent over paying for the same exact item. The only ones I could find are the later ones that will need even more “adjustments”. Haha
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: