Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solomon Grundy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Registration is now open, only 300 spots and the last few years it filled in 2 days. Join us 🤙
http://www.ggcvvwca.org/index.php/kelley-park

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

| _______
| |_______| '73 Thing "481"
| _\_\_|_/_/_
| |O||_4_||O|
| [ ]=====[ ]
http://vwthingregistry.com
https://doublecabshaka.wordpress.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Solomon Grundy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Limited edition stickers Hot off the presses & ready for Kelley Park 2018 🤙
RIP Stephen Hawking you made quite an impression on the universe 🕳️

| _______
| _\_\_|_/_/_
| |O||_4_||O|
| [ ]=====[ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Solomon Grundy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Kelley Park 2018 = REGISTRATION IS FULL!!! WOW that was fast! Shocked

http://www.ggcvvwca.org/index.php/kelley-park

| _______
| _\_\_|_/_/_
| |O||_4_||O|
| [ ]=====[ ]
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Yep I won’t be going. Logged on the day after registration opened to see there was no more spots. Oh well I guess.
pb_foots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Why can't you just go anyway?

I'll be driving over with my boy. We're missing all the So Cal events, I'm not missing this one too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

I registered one of my cars, but now I due to circumstances, may have to take a different one. Does that matter??

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

I'm hopping on an AA 737-800 in St. Louis to fly out to the SFO Bay Area on Thursday morning to enjoy all of the long Kelley Park weekend festivities! I can't wait to see everyone and all of the incredible old VWs! I volunteer to staff at the KP Meet, so you'll probably see me directing incoming traffic towards their show class parking spaces from 7-9 am.

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Morganwerk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
I'm hopping on an AA 737-800 in St. Louis to fly out to the SFO Bay Area on Thursday morning to enjoy all of the long Kelley Park weekend festivities! I can't wait to see everyone and all of the incredible old VWs! I volunteer to staff at the KP Meet, so you'll probably see me directing incoming traffic towards their show class parking spaces from 7-9 am.

Bill Bowman

I'll keep an eye out for you Bill!
Thin Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Don't know if it was just me but the attendance this year seems down somewhat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sancho58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Yeah the show was down probably 150 cars or more plus Mark Mueller car display wasn't there either some speculation is there was a lot going on in the Bay Area
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

How could it be 150 cars smaller when they sold out of the 300 spots?

The only thing I noticed was the low number of Split Beetles (only 1 I think?) and it was weird that there was only 1 Type 34 there.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

The only thing I noticed was the low number of Split Beetles (only 1 I think?) and it was weird that there was only 1 Type 34 there.

I was registered, but for various reasons couldn't make it. Otherwise there would have been two T34s Wink . One issue for us is that even though we only live 3 hours away, we still need to spend the night up there, then get up at 5:00 to get in line, then face that drive home. It's exhausting.

But I did really miss seeing friends and cars. And it is a nice venue.

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

The Kelley Park Spring Meet was fantastic. Perfect weather, packed to the gills and I heard the gates were closed to cars at around 9:15 I think. Lots of cool cars and Buses. It was great to see Kurt and his "Funkytruck" single-Cab with his gates finished in primer (to be painted soon!). Seemed as crowded as usual to me. I directed cars toward their group parking for 2 1/2 hours as a volunteer, and also was asked to do some of the judging. Yeah, Mark only brought out their two Schwimmwagens this time so they could relax and just enjoy the show more. Kimball Rich's beautiful grey Standard Oval won "Best of Show".

Thanks to all of the other event volunteers and to the members of the Golden Gate Chapter of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America for getting us all together for the season opener each year for decades now! For me it is worth flying out for a long Bay Area weekend from Missouri each year.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

It seemed smaller to me too and as you mentioned a lot less bugs and ghia's for sure.

The swap seemed a lot smaller to me as well.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
BadStorms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

Great show! Shot some video while I was enjoying my day: https://youtu.be/GtgZJpia__k

1974 Karmann Ghia
2005 Mercedes C55 AMG
2001 Suzuki SV650
1973 Honda CB350 Four
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Park 2018 - April 22, 2018, San Jose, CA Reply with quote

I'm beginning to wonder if the "fix" is in on this show. The KP page of the Golden Gate chapter said that registration would be open "around March 15." Around? How weak is that statement? Then the next line said registration would open on the 15th. But I logged-on on the 15th and it replied that registration wasn't open yet. Log on the morning of the 16th and registration is full! WTF.

And 300 cars? Not really, not to us outsiders. Cuz the insiders (club members and friends thereof) are FOR SURE getting in. So after all that, how many of us outsiders will really be let in?

And how many register, but "for various reasons" don't show up? Then it's first-come first-served for the unregistered folk.

As for the turnout being smaller this past time: No way... full of cars, and probably as many people as I've ever seen there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: