Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Picked up a New 105mm Autocraft case from the samba. Thanks James.

Thinking of gathering parts for a E85 with NOS engine. Roller cam, Street driven for sure. I have a 63 ragtop in storage or put it in the 61.

Any thoughts on what you would put in it?? size crank? it's going to be a Marine crank, the stroke is the question. I have Autocraft barrels, need pistons..Heads I was thinking JPM.

This will be a Geers build for sure.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

If this case was mine. And I had Shawn as a builder?
I'd let Shawn dictate the build and pay him well for the work he does,

You already know the triumphs and the pit falls of running an extreme HP engine on the street!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

He will be deciding the important things like size of cam and all the little tricks he does.

This is down the road and looking to see what people say, He will for sure get the last say.

If I can get 250 to the wheels N/A and add 100 shot for the oh shit factor I will be happy, With E85 having 106 octane not sure how hi I can go on Compression but I will push the envelope.

Something to talk about....
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Draw thru turbo Cool Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

105 x 90 = 3117cc's

-grab some MS250 heads or even 330EVO heads from JPM in Sweden (as you mentioned)
-1.6:1 5-bolt rocker arm assemblies JPM
-roller cam from JPM
-roller throttle bodies (or traditional butterflies) of appropriate size

I'd think that could make 250 to the wheels pretty easily...and be an absolute monster of a real street engine. Shocked

mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

sweet case!!!
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Angle flow heads water cooled with boost. Smile
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Got my gauge's all set up on the laptop. Innovate Tc-4 plus x 2 and the Lm2 for AFR and RPM.

I can record from either the LM2 or the laptop itself. With CHT and EGT I should be able to get this thing fine tuned, Now if I just had heads for it.......

sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

EVO 340!

-Alex77-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

sled wrote:
105 x 90 = 3117cc's

-grab some MS250 heads or even 330EVO heads from JPM in Sweden (as you mentioned)
-1.6:1 5-bolt rocker arm assemblies JPM
-roller cam from JPM
-roller throttle bodies (or traditional butterflies) of appropriate size

I'd think that could make 250 to the wheels pretty easily...and be an absolute monster of a real street engine. Shocked

105mm bore will never work on any long term application, cylinder wall thickness would be at most 3mm. Also the case needs to have some sealing surface.

90x101.6 with MS250 / billet heads could do probably 220-240hp from wheels with some reliability with good cylinders.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

if I were to do a big bore for the street..I would relocate the cylinder locations.off set rods a tad and stretch the heads a little...and have empty pockets again Wink
-Alex77-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
if I were to do a big bore for the street..I would relocate the cylinder locations.off set rods a tad and stretch the heads a little...and have empty pockets again Wink

Why for extra 100cc and little more less reliability?

102mm bore can be done "safely" and 90 stroke all T4 mains flanged crand is most what i would use. Power is in the heads and cam.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Still waiting on heads. almost 3 months now. Sucks...

I got a Innovate SSI-4 Plus it has 4 inputs for RPM, MAP Oil Pressure ect.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/INN-3914

also a https://www.summitracing.com/parts/INN-3926 pressure switch 0 to 150.

It will be here tomorrow. I will record RPM, AFR and Oil pressure along with the EGT and CHT of all 4 cylinders.

This should be all I need for now. I do have 2 channels open for future gauges, they Do make a E85 gauge to show % of ethanol.

This will also let me remove the analog cable running to the LM2. I will use that on cars I am tuning.

My LM2 also Died, wont power up with the 12v, so it wont preheat the 02. I sent it back for repair. Bought another (open box) 220.00 to my door. all the extra cables and bosch 02 included.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Some pictures of the progress, Shawn says Soon they will be done. I can't wait.

Rocker Side supports are the second photo, my old ones were aluminum, these are steel, He says they are a pain to make but way stronger.

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Wow!

I want a Dial indicator mount like that model.
Who makes it?

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

You mean that fancy oil pump cover? Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

The one with the ball and socket joint?
Tobias Bylund
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Looks like a NOGA indicator base with fine adjustment:

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Picked up the wet sump from Tony on the samba. Also got another bottom plate oil pickup. I got one from him last year. Now I have 2. Hardware for the sump and the case hardware is coming from mike at autocraft.

Still no heads.

Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

ivkings4 wrote:
Picked up the wet sump from Tony on the samba. Also got another bottom plate oil pickup. I got one from him last year. Now I have 2. Hardware for the sump and the case hardware is coming from mike at autocraft.

Still no heads.

I have one of these sumps for my 2.2Ltr oxyboxer. About running 105mm liners, this is my opinion. I think the best case to run those liners is a T4 engine, the distance between each liner is greater allowing for a more even cooling of large liners.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Page 70 of 84

Jump to: