Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

JPM all day. Get in touch with him about his EVO330 heads...or maybe even the EVO350 Twisted Evil

heres a 102x86 with terminator carbs and EVO350 heads he's building.

I don't see the Strip Dominators being a street head in the slightest, but you've shown that strip-only heads *can" work.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by sled on Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chip Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
eye wood go with the cb dominator heads...if I had the $$ to do so. or the ones made south of the border that have the splayed valves....I think thats the mexie bug thats got them.

I assume you mean south of the Czechia border, right Wink
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

sled wrote:
JPM all day. Get in touch with him about his EVO330 heads...or maybe even the EVO350 Twisted Evil

heres a 102x86 with terminator carbs and EVO350 heads he's building.

I don't see the Strip Dominators being a street head in the slightest, but you've shown that strip-only heads *can" work.

I emailed him about his heads, 2 sets. Maybe I can test a set for him...
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Damn, that's impressive....

I love the torque plates that have the case studs going thru them.
So the whole motor is held to together with bolts. The heads and case halves are not going anywhere.

Have always thought that would be a good idea.
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Ohio Tom wrote:

So the whole motor is held to together with bolts. The heads and case halves are not going anywhere.

That's how the euro guys do it but this has been done to engines in the past as far back as the 80's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

I keep coming back to this thread because your car clearly has more than it needs, but you're always looking for more. Good job.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Ohio Tom wrote:

I noticed that too, very nice, but....most of the vw guys would cringe at the cost of the studs/bolts/nuts as being more than thier crank&rods were Shocked
for sure I like it.
Nando_b63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

jim martin wrote:
install just like this,

One inch from the flange that bolts to the head.
Center probe in the pipe.
the probes come with the bung to weld to the header .after the bungs are welded you may need to carefully run a tap into the bungs as they can get a bit distorted and not allow the adapter to sit fully after , also predrill the hole into the header and use the drill bit to keep the bung centred while welding .use a dowel or something to allow all tips when inserted to be exactly the same depth dead centre in pipe to tip of probe - after they have been installed once the crush sleeve will keep the depth .
also with the tc 4 you can only watch live/record via lap top , if not you need to add a lm-2 or a pl-1
also I will give you tips on install and if you need a good location and need to extend wiring let me know . the probes with the innovate kit come fro exhaust gas technologies and the have the correct wire and connectors if you need them . you do not cut the probe wire length !!! if you cannot connect directly to tc-4 use wire and connectors as shown .let me know if you want me to call you in the morning

Even if I have to PayPal you $$ could you pm me what exact is this all for?
Paul.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Nando_b63 wrote:
jim martin wrote:
install just like this,

One inch from the flange that bolts to the head.
Center probe in the pipe.
the probes come with the bung to weld to the header .after the bungs are welded you may need to carefully run a tap into the bungs as they can get a bit distorted and not allow the adapter to sit fully after , also predrill the hole into the header and use the drill bit to keep the bung centred while welding .use a dowel or something to allow all tips when inserted to be exactly the same depth dead centre in pipe to tip of probe - after they have been installed once the crush sleeve will keep the depth .
also with the tc 4 you can only watch live/record via lap top , if not you need to add a lm-2 or a pl-1
also I will give you tips on install and if you need a good location and need to extend wiring let me know . the probes with the innovate kit come fro exhaust gas technologies and the have the correct wire and connectors if you need them . you do not cut the probe wire length !!! if you cannot connect directly to tc-4 use wire and connectors as shown .let me know if you want me to call you in the morning

Even if I have to PayPal you $$ could you pm me what exact is this all for?

It's a datalogging sytem.
4 channel thermocouple -exhaust gas temp
LM2 wideband O2 controller
DL32 or Auxbox -datalooger box for multiple other inputs

Very neat install Cool
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

It tells you what each cylinder is doing to get the most horsepower or beat fuel mileage. For us it’s HP.

Tuning an engine with this type of data makes it more precise when your dealing with old technology like carbs.
Nando_b63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

^^^right on Robert. Appreciate this🙏🏼
Nando_b63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Robert going to get the Bare bonz fuse block , where do you recommend I get the 4 wiring harness from ?

Tks Sir
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Ask them when you order the fuse block. I built my own harness. Seemed like the thing to do when I was building the car. I didn’t look around for one that would have all the extra wires I needed.
Nando_b63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Thanks again..
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

So we(geers)have started building a Second engine, This will be the one going in the car and the current engine will be a back-up engine.

82mm Marine crank (88 was to big for what we are doing)
101.5 or 103 pistons CE with LA sleeve cylinders
Roller cam
RLR E85 friendly 4 barrel for his Turbo set-up... Thats right TURBO...
Autocraft 910 heads, bare, geers will build them. (He likes the JPm's but parts are hard to get in a pinch)
The rest is up to Geers or me with the advise of Jim Martin.(any of your knowledge will be greatly appreciated.)

This combo will have no problem putting out 400hp with minimal boost , If I had Geers build me a N/A 3057cc with all the best shit i'm still only looking at 250 to the tires with E85 and I want more. A lot more!!!

The old engine will get the geers treatment once the turbo is up and running...12.5 to 1 for the E85 with a cam change and new heads. That will get me close to 250 to the tires...
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

I have nothing to add, regarding the turbo build.
But please, please, post some videos of the new engine during, the breakin and your first drives.

Your car sounds mean as ever in the current configuration.

I live my life of extreme HP. Through your posts! Very Happy

Can't wait to hear this beast breath into life.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

It's abut time you 'Boosted' Cool Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

ivkings4 wrote:

This combo will have no problem putting out 400hp with minimal boost

what kind of boost levels are you planning to run?
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

As much as I can on E85. Not sure what that is. I know the case is good for 27 to 30 pounds. That’s what folts and Schuh use to run. There up to 50 with the Pauter case now.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Even in my rural area , 30 Lbs. would be suicidal Laughing 15lbs. is enough Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Page 77 of 84

Jump to: