Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interior install difficulty
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackStraw72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Interior install difficulty Reply with quote

How difficult is putting a Westy interior back in? In my searching I found a 75 that the Westy interior was removed for paint and now it all needs to be put back in. I have no knowledge of this. How big of a job would it be??

Thanks for your help!!
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Interior install difficulty Reply with quote

Not particularly difficult, I would say, especially on a '75 interior I think as the pieces are a little less of a Tetris game than later interiors would be.

EZGruv did a great write up several years ago about removing a '76 plus interior. I am not aware of such a write up for your interior. I'd think if you are somewhat mechanically inclined or good a puzzles, then you could look at a few pics of your interior type here on the Samba, set the interior next to the Bus, and figure it out pretty easily.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Silverboot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior install difficulty Reply with quote

I also immediately thought of EZGRUV's writeup, here is the link.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291736&highlight=westy+interior
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior install difficulty Reply with quote

Our 69 Westfalia came with an interior package but not installed. Per the prior owner he bought the bus as a bare shell with nothing inside except the front seats. He bought an entire 1970 Westfalia interior from someone else and then never installed it. No nuts, bolts screws, etc.

I just started installing it. Many pieces required some tweaking to get bolt holes lined up. I got a good supply of metric bolts to use as sizing samples when I put it together. Eventually it all fit.

Time, patience and maybe a few pictures from the Samba gallery.
white74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior install difficulty Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of putting my '74 back together. I believe it to have a very similar layout, if not identical to the '75. I didn't take pictures of every step, but I got a few. I'll be posting them in my build thread soon; hopefully that will help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: