Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New bus owner
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChimpwithWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: New bus owner Reply with quote

Picked up my first bus/vw this weekend. Runs, drives, just needs the break line that runs to the back so it can stop, some frame repair at the torsion bar and floor patches here and there. Came with a Westy interior that does not fit my vision. Would like some advise on its reuseablity and if its worth selling. Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: New bus owner Reply with quote

too bag some kid knocked a couple of speaker holes in it. That just leaves the closet and headbanger unmolested. You could prob get a few bucks for them, but it would have to be local, as shipping would double the price. If you are going to find a local who wants them, you may be better off trading for something you will need, and they don't, like a rear factory bench.
edit-the closet and HB are covered with stickers, and will prob pull varnish/stain off with removal.
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: New bus owner Reply with quote

Looks like a nice clean Bus!!

I got my 73 with the full interior also, and it didn't fit my vision.

I kept the zbed and cabinet it's on, and the cushions, but sold the rest. Closet, shelf, icebox cabinet, stool, rear facing seat. Condition was good but not great. Stool was perfect though.
I got $300 from a local guy for all of it. I thought that was good. He came and got it, easy for me. I think he was pretty happy with the deal.

So it has some value.

Good luck!
Hobo

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: New bus owner Reply with quote

for sure someone out there wants it. It is the exact vision of someone else. Check the classifieds for a general value. Westfalia Interior are the magic keywords, click the box for "parts Bay Window 1968-1979"

soooo irritating that the samba wants to red underline (indicate misspelled) the word "westfalia"
Bubba119
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New bus owner Reply with quote

I could use a “Headbanger” cabinet, where are you located? I am in RI.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: