Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

15x10 Weld Pro star question
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekan1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: 15x10 Weld Pro star question Reply with quote

Hey gang... What backspacing is needed to run 15x10 Weld Pro star wheels on my 5 lug stock swing arm set up? Thanks again for your advice. Andy
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 15x10 Weld Pro star question Reply with quote

I think it kinda depends on the tire also. I run 15x12 on my irs with ....crap I dont remember the back spacing there douglass wheels std back spacing..I think it's 4" but may be 3.5
a tall tire will/can make contact with the torsion cover,I had to change bars on mine to the early short bars as the bar was in the way for the 19.5x33 mickey thompson street pro's. hard corrnering they would lightly rub the torsion cap. but no issue. I dont know squat about the swing stuff.
best thing to do is to remove a wheel. mesure the tire your wanting to use and mesure forward 1/2 that hight to see where they will be and where the bulge will be and that should give you some idea on back spaceing. short tires can proibably use more back spacing since the torsion bar end cap isant in the way. I thought about using my new 3.5x15 and 15x15 prostars on my bug..but... I think Ill just leave them with the race car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: