Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 912 find, seeking info
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

First off... ive only got this one crappy picture as i cant seem to find others i had taken. Im hoping you porsche experts could tell me roughly what year it is based on any noticeable details that may have occurred through the years, as well as what wheels are on it. The owner towed it to WA state years ago, from the east coast. It is still sitting on the trailer, and as you can tell, has been there a while. I am currently out of the state, and am unable to talk to the owner at the moment. All I can remember from when i looked at it long ago, is it is silver, black interior, and didnt appear to be too far gone. I did not get a good look at the front end, nor do i remember the number of guages in it (3 or 5 are the options correct?)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

65 - 67 912 or 911 can't make out the number lower left hood.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

looks like a 68 to me, 69 would have had the rear bumper guards with the rub strips on them
356pre-a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

66 or 67 only had those door handles in combination with the later style script on the engine lid. It's definitely a short wheel base and not a 68 nor a 65 unless the engine lid was replaced at one point. Very cool find but you may find lots of tin worms?
busboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

thanks guys. Im unsure of how the nose looks, thats what i am most worried about, as it is covered by the bushes. Still cant find anything on the wheels via surfing the web. Ill be back home in May, and hope to swing by and talk to the guy about it a bit. Possibly take some more pictures and look further into it. Maybe even uncover the front for the guy to take a look at it. I dont have room for another project at the moment, but may consider selling my 77 rabbit if it isnt too much of a rust bucket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

If things are all correct, it is a '67. Early style door handles. Early style engine grille. Post '66 Engine lid lettering. Could be a very early '68 before they changed the door handles, engine grille and other '68 odd-ball things, but my money is on a '67. It will need a pile of cash as big as the blackberry bramble to restore it.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

I look at the picture and see a large pile of cash just sitting there waiting to be harvested. Every little piece is "Porsche Gold". I hope the owner doesn't know for your sake.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

you guys certainly have good eyesight
Michael Rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 912 find, seeking info Reply with quote

Did you end up buying it?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: