Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

North County San Diego Shops..
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyzzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Moved down to Encinitas from San Francisco, looking for referrals to reputable repair shops for a Bay Window. Wanted to get familiar with a shop in the area. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

AirSchooled.com

Just so happens, he's in Encinitas. And LA. And Sandy Eggo. And, thankfully, Palm Springs. Dancing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xyzzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

This is fantastic! My main issue right now is I don't have anywhere to work on the vehicle, and just wanted to find a local shop for some routine maintenance items.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

quote="xyzzy"]This is fantastic! My main issue right now is I don't have anywhere to work on the vehicle, and just wanted to find a local shop for some routine maintenance items.[/quote]

this is so damned funny. I am spewing coffee out my nose right now. Robbie is a mobile service.

Make friends with Gary - Aeromech
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Gary Schulte/Aeromech here on the forums. I've known him for many years.

Robbie would most likely be fine, too. Just do not have history with him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xyzzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Quote:

this is so damned funny. I am spewing coffee out my nose right now. Robbie is a mobile service.

Make friends with Gary - Aeromech

I got the mobile service part -- that's very cool. However, doesn't help me as where I am living I don't have anywhere I can park and work on my bus. Which is primarily why I was asking for some good shop referrals in the area as well.

I'll search up Aeromech. Thanks!
TitoMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Griffin’s Auto Repair is also good for routine maintenance. www.griffinsautorepair.com
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Aeromech needs to make up some snazzy T-shirts. Laughing

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:

Done. Years ago. Only a select group of customers get them and Kevin, you aren’t in that group. 🙁
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Clark Addison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

BRU (Bugs Are Us) in the San Diego State area.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Xevin wrote:

Done. Years ago. Only a select group of customers get them and Kevin, you aren’t in that group. 🙁

I totally forgot about these t-shirts, Really cute. I was thinking something more ACVW related. Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
dstimm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Did you ever find a good shop near Encinitas? I live in Leucadia and I am looking also. I have a nice drive way and an extra set of hands if you ever need to do some wrenching. Your bus is beautiful btw.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

dstimm wrote:
Did you ever find a good shop near Encinitas? I live in Leucadia and I am looking also. I have a nice drive way and an extra set of hands if you ever need to do some wrenching. Your bus is beautiful btw.

Rent your driveway to a Robbie At airschooled and share the spoils

Another problem solved, taking the rest of the day.
xyzzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

dstimm wrote:

I ended up doing the work myself (converting back to the original dual solex setup). I'd highly recommend Robbie and Aeromech, and also suggest you get on Colin's itinerary for next year.

Ultimately the real solution is learning to do the repairs yourself.

Where in Leucadia are you? Send me a DM!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

In san Diego County -

AeroMech (Gary) is the best solution if one wants to just drop it off and have the car gone thru.

Asiab3 (Robbie) is the best solution if one wants to do it themselves. This does require a place to work.

Robbie teaches folks how to work on their buses. Gary does the work as a help to others, and as a hobby. He can only handle so many buses a year. Colin makes a big sweep across the country and if the work is too much he can't easily handle it in one trip but for many he is the best solution. All three of these San Diego gentlemen are bay owners and know them backwards and forwards. They also have bug experience, and grew up with them. Telford is an electronic whizz who has a bay also, and often you'll find Gary, Robbie, Telford and maybe a couple others working on something together. If I were a bus owner in San Diego County I would make friends with these folks. If one is in the S. SF Bay area then Clatter, Tim and several others hang out together in a similar clan. Good to know those folks if one has a bus in that area.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Robbie is just ok. You'll probably find him parked outside my place in Leucadia Laughing

You'll see my car just south of Robertos, drop by say hi.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Robbie is just ok. You'll probably find him parked outside my place in Leucadia Laughing

You'll see my car just south of Robertos, drop by say hi.

Hey, speaking of Roberto's.... don't you owe me a burrito?
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Dynamite_Goat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

I'm in the neighborhood too. Right behind Panikin and Lou's. No driveway but plenty of skills and advice.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Yes, I'm taking on new students in San Diego this August, but only if you perform all the work yourself under my guidance.

Robbie @ Air-Schooled; link in signature.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dstimm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: North County San Diego Shops.. Reply with quote

xyzzy wrote:

Where in Leucadia are you? Send me a DM!

I am off of Leucadia blvd and Saxony.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: