Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel injection tuner Colorado
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carbite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

Anyone know a fuel injection tuner in Colorado?
Hopefully they know cb performance gen 4.
Or any good advice, I have no idea how to tune.
Any help would be great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

I can't help with a local recommendation, but don't hesitate to contact Mark Lawless at CB Performance. He can set you up with a generic tune based on your engine specs that is close enough to get you running, and can trouble-shoot live over the internet through screen-sharing software installed on your laptop. The support Mark and CB provides for their ECUs is among the best in the business.

I don't think electrickery works that way
carbite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

Mark and I have done that a couple of times. Mark is awesome and very helpful. The problem is I’m at altitude. I need a good baseline for 5000 feet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

carbite wrote:
Mark and I have done that a couple of times. Mark is awesome and very helpful. The problem is I’m at altitude. I need a good baseline for 5000 feet.

Does the Gen 4 have two map sensors for density compensation???

If you have large elevation changes it would be a good thing to have. A single map sensor only senses density on startup.

The ECU should be able to take care of that for you if it has two.

Never mind....I just looked. It has a second map for a Barometer and should compensate by itself if the parameters are set correctly.

Fire it up and adjust your fuel map for a nice idle. My engine seems to like 12.8-13.2 AFR at idle. It always has whether carbed or EFI.

Once you have that set go and drive it.... if it bogs and leans out add fuel to the map areas. you should be able to get it driveable on an AFR of 11.0:1 all the way up to 17.0:1.
Although it won't be perfect it will allow you to start autotune.....you do have that ability don't you....... and let the Tuning Program clean it up.

Stay out of the boost areas if you have a turbo and work on the drivabilty areas first.
Set your idle timing around 10-14 degrees and cruise timing at 30 degrees then ramp it in between..... you can tweak it later.
You can even add a little more timing at light cruise but I wouldn't until you get it driving fairly decent first.
You can be 30 degrees from 2500 rpm all the way to 5000 plus and up to 100 kpa and down to 20 kpa as a first start.
You really won't hurt anything as long as you don't put a heavy load on it.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

Unlikely you will find a tuner in Colorado with specific CB gen4 experience. But there are plenty of shops that can help setup your map if you can get them into the software.

I used the dyno at Finish Line in Denver last weekend, worked with Greg.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

at the minimum I'd contact Modok, if he can't do it he probably knows who can and will.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

Thanks John.
I was wondering if you are looking for somebody on a professional level with a dyno, or.... a few hobbyists who kinda know what they are doing? Laughing

My brother says this guy is good
http://www.theboostcreepltd.com/
carbite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injection tuner Colorado Reply with quote

i'm looking for anyone that has a clue what to do.
i don't, at all
i need to get it running to get some break in miles then i'll take it to a dyno shop
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: