Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split window bus door seals
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kpm1593
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Split window bus door seals Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Just bought a Brazilian Split window bus. The door seals around the top were missing so I ordered two from WCM. Question: What should I use to adhere the rubbers to the door channels?
Thanks Kevin M
NAES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Split window bus door seals Reply with quote

3M weatherstrip adhesive aka Gorilla Snot
SBS #00
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Split window bus door seals Reply with quote

You do not need tons of the 3M glue. Best to use it where needed, not just everywhere. That way years from now when time to replace seals again the job will not be a huge mess.

Most of all when you install the seals, do not cut them down to fit if a bit too long. Better to work them into place as is. The rubber will will shrink some, especially in length, so if you leave it a bit long it will not end up too short later.
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Split window bus door seals Reply with quote

I didn't use any glue on mine in '09. they've held fine....and when I had to remove them this year, I didn't regret it.

this might be helpful too, if you've never seen it (there are many threads, too..): http://dropgates.com/resto/doorrubber.html
...david - '66 SO-44 #231
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: