Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CSP
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: CSP Reply with quote

Bought a new front apron from CSP and it's utter shit. The tools for making this piece must so worn out and the guy checking if pieces actually resemble the original must be drunk.
I emailed with pictures showing what's up with this, and the repsons... Oh boy..
"We have received the pictures you sent and have checked all front aprons we have in stock.
They are all identical twins, and to be honest, they are what we like to call them, economy sheets..."

So that in mind CSP got to have a huge pile of junk in their warehouse.
And they don't respond to further emails either, so..
No more shopping from CSP, nor items CSP produced.

CSP must be a short for crap sold pricey.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

Doesn't look too bad to me. Maybe you are being too picky?
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

yeah, i understand the frustration with junk parts, but that is the world we're livin in now. However that doesn't look too bad, I have def seen worse.

Everyone get your AA piston sets and AMC heads from China before Trump's tarriffs effect the next batch!
WOO TRADE WAR! The reason there are no 70s single/double cab's in America! Lets get some of that again! WOOOO!

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
iadubber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

It's cheap aftermarket, what do you expect? Get some OEM sheetmetal.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

Actually AMC heads are from Spain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

Honestly, that looks pretty good to me -- I mean it follows the body line well.

BTW, was there any info on the invoice or a sticker on the panel that indicates who made it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

That gap looks rather good to me.
Picky much?
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

Agreed. That follows your lines fairly well. The seal retainer is off. Just drill the spots out and then reform it correctly. Then weld it back in.

I feel your pain. You are not alone. There are way too many shit parts out there and I fear it is not going to get better. I think it is the best it will ever be! That's food for thought right there!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

So after bad mouthing their exhaust calling CSP parts crap you bought more stuff from CSP? You going to give it a couple months then order something else from them just to complain?

Looks like a pretty good fit, as an example you should hold off welding it together, source an original clip and report back with the results.
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP = Crap sold pricey Reply with quote

busman78 wrote:
So after bad mouthing their exhaust calling CSP parts crap you bought more stuff from CSP? You going to give it a couple months then order something else from them just to complain?

Looks like a pretty good fit, as an example you should hold off welding it together, source an original clip and report back with the results.

Actually, this part went in the bin. Nowhere near of fitting.
I bought another one from a vendor that took the time and did check the shape and fitment before sending it to me. It only needed a minor grind up top.

Having one crap part is.. Well everybody have a bad day (The none-fitting exhaust) .. Second time a crap part arrive (Front apron)... Not buying anything branded CSP again.
loganzillmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Reply with quote

I ordered a rear disc brake kit for my '70 Fasty. I received part of my order but have not received the rest.

I placed the order in early March, (it is now early May) I received the first package a couple weeks later. The second package seems to be stuck in limbo. The tracking number has not updated since March 13th. I contacted CSP a couple of times. The first time, they told me they opened an investigation. Nothing happened. They never got back to me. I emailed them again and they told me that I need to contact my carrier (USPS). I called USPS and they told me that the shipment never left Germany and that there is nothing that they can do. The tracking number CSP gave me takes me to the DHL website. I called DHL but they couldn't help because its not the same DHL that they use in Germany. Its more like USPS in Germany and they don't share info. They told me CSP was the only place that could sort this out.

I emailed CSP again and they have not responded in 3 days. I am very frustrated with this process and their customer service. The next step is to involve the credit card company.

I would avoid ordering directly from CSP. Try to find a vendor here in the states.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: