Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke!
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewvwclassic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke! Reply with quote

Just kind of wanted to spread some disease about these cheesy hub adapter the grant wheels come with. In the defense of the venue they have a quick release for these wheels also made out of cheap aluminum. I have gone through several of these adapters in the last year and just opted to use my old 5 hole setup instead. Problem being the threads are so fine they strip at random on the small 3 bolt adapter. I have officially put these in the bunko parts pile. lack of aftermarket support for such a popular line is typical VW B.S.. If I had some time and a lot of money for machining equipment I could probably make a work around but, someone else should have already. Thanks for reading my rant.
Cheerz
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke! Reply with quote

I think I'll have pancakes for breakfast.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Mother sent me that Birthday Card easily 20 years ago!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke! Reply with quote

I made my own out of a forged ford piston top...still has the ring grooves in it. They polish up nicely too
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else find Grant wheels a joke! Reply with quote

That's why I use Lecarra steering wheels.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: