Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat / slider mount install location
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzzfagan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Seat / slider mount install location Reply with quote

I have an El Lobo Manx clone that I fabricated my own flat floor pans out of steel diamond plate. Since they are flat and plain I have no real orientation as to what location front to back or side to side to mount the seats and seat mounts. I plan on reinforcing the seat mounts with thicker steel under the chassis.

I have PRP Roadster seats and their Roadster Manx slider mounts. Is there any sort of standard or starting point as to where to position them?

Also, how thick should the flat stock steel under the chassis be to mount them to?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat / slider mount install location Reply with quote

Place the seat in a comfortable position from the pedals. Fore and aft, left to right. Then place the steering wheel accordingly. I feel that the seat should be mounted as low as you can get it. You can always go up if you need to. Also I like the front of the seat to be higher than the rear for comfort.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
gtrplyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat / slider mount install location Reply with quote

I wouldn't use flat stock. On my tube chassis, I used 3/4" x 1 1/2" steel tubing. I was more concerned with strength if I ever had a hard impact. Another thing I learned years ago, do not mount your seat belts to the same location as the seats. As far as where to put the seats, that all depends on available space and your height. If you are handy with a welder, tack 'em in and try it before final welding. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: