Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flyer Honors VW
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

Just received a flyer from my classic insurance carrier; nice to see the front cover "classic" - "What year do you think she is"?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I have seen that too I really like ads with VWs!

I have Hagerty classic car insurance. Great value for a classic car, if your car makes the requirements for classic insurance, the savings can be HUGE over regular policies, and the coverage is just as good.

Keep A Buggin, With Out Paying Too Much!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

itjustbugsme2 wrote:
Just received a flyer from my classic insurance carrier; nice to see the front cover "classic" - "What year do you think she is"?

I’ll guess 57. Need to see the front to get it narrowed down.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

I guess we have to go on:
Bumper (style)
Size/Type of "Rear Tail Lights"
Window (what we can see)
Engine Lid - Shape, Design
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

Now here is a flyer, err I mean an airline honoring a Bug... Wall Street Journal, page B3, Sept.18, 1989. Its been hanging on my walls since then. Been doing the VW thing for a long time, sobering thought, almost three decades I have had that paper! I must be a Bug nut Confused

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

That;s a "Bad Ass" poster, add......whenever I find old, vintage "stuff" showing VWs I keep, hang, frame them.

Same with my Harley stuff and even my Wizzar motor bike stuff....just cool to look at; reminisce.....is that how you spell "reminisce".....I guess it is, at least I think it is.....if not let me put it another way:

I like keeping the old stuff around, look at and "indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events"
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

itjustbugsme2 wrote:
That;s a "Bad Ass" poster, add......whenever I find old, vintage "stuff" showing VWs I keep, hang, frame them.

Same with my Harley stuff and even my Wizzar motor bike stuff....just cool to look at; reminisce.....is that how you spell "reminisce".....I guess it is, at least I think it is.....if not let me put it another way:

I like keeping the old stuff around, look at and "indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events"

Yeah I need to frame it.

Im like you, crazy over VW Bug stuff!

bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

1999 Yakima roof rack flyer...
I know it is a Bus, but it is aircooled!

mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Flyer Honors VW Reply with quote

itjustbugsme2 wrote:
I guess we have to go on:
Bumper (style)
Size/Type of "Rear Tail Lights"
Window (what we can see)
Engine Lid - Shape, Design

Also the number of tail pipes, '55 and earlier only had one.

Based on all the above, best it can be narrowed down to is a 1956 or 1957 assuming it's stock.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: