Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

If you plan on heading to El Prado this June, be prepared to set some records! Last year we had around 55 type 3s parked in a group. It was an awesome site to see. We're looking to double that this year!

@type3nut64 on Instagram (same name here on TheSamba) is heading it up along with the rest of the really cool dudes at Type3Army! Cool

Check out the flyers:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Oh wow dang it. Maybe next year as we just acquired a squareback recently and of course it needs lots of stuff just to get running. Maybe next year. does sound really cool to be a part of an Elite group of Type 3's.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
type3nut64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Yes this is happening. I have not been that active here on the samba for a while but my love for the type 3 has never died.

Last year we worked with the Prado show promoters and were able to have type 3 section in the show. I ave to say it was huge success. We had 57 type 3s parked in our area and at 10 more turned away due space and over crowding in the show over all. This year we will a different spot because the recognized we needed more space. we have lake front parking right next to the things west club. they are claiming they will have 100 things at this years show. So I say challenge excepted!

I hope to see a lot of you that haven't been out in a wile. We can make it the greatest gathering of type 3s anyone has seen.

We will have raffles type 3 awards event shirts. $20 a car load so pile the family in those wagons and get down there.
TommyBoyGomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Anyone down for a cruise out to El Prado that morning? We could start in West LA and make a few stops along the 91 to gather more cruisers.
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Oh wow dang it. Maybe next year as we just acquired a squareback recently and of course it needs lots of stuff just to get running. Maybe next year. does sound really cool to be a part of an Elite group of Type 3's.

Head on out anyway. Get face to face with some Type 3 dudes.
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Thats it? Only one dude on this forum thats planning on going? ...

Clatter are you trekking down? 1500 Club? I don't know if you guys have your own space there but we'd sure love to have you guys join us.

TommyBoyGomes.. you are the man!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
JeeJeeJason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Wish I could make it. No way to get the square down there.
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

I'm not sure I can make it down from Utah, but I'll try. It is during summer break so maybe.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shtmtl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:
Thats it? Only one dude on this forum thats planning on going? ...

Clatter are you trekking down? 1500 Club? I don't know if you guys have your own space there but we'd sure love to have you guys join us.

TommyBoyGomes.. you are the man!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I’m coming down Friday morning.

1956 Oval
1958 Kombi
1962 Squareback
1962 Notchback
1962 Type 34
1962 Squareback
1964 Kombi
1964 Notchback
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

type3nut64 wrote:
Yes this is happening. I have not been that active here on the samba for a while but my love for the type 3 has never died.

Last year we worked with the Prado show promoters and were able to have type 3 section in the show. I ave to say it was huge success. We had 57 type 3s parked in our area and at 10 more turned away due space and over crowding in the show over all. This year we will a different spot because the recognized we needed more space. we have lake front parking right next to the things west club. they are claiming they will have 100 things at this years show. So I say challenge excepted!

I hope to see a lot of you that haven't been out in a wile. We can make it the greatest gathering of type 3s anyone has seen.

We will have raffles type 3 awards event shirts. $20 a car load so pile the family in those wagons and get down there.

I will try my best to make it this year, I still need to see your car in person Paul.

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chizucc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

I plan on being there! Anyone in Orange County - let me know if you're interested in cruising up.
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Awesome! Tell a friend with a type 3 and have them tell a friend and so on and so on...
TommyBoyGomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Yo steve,

We can hop off the 91 near the 5 or 57 to meet up with any orange county cruisers if that works for you.
JimmyJagged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

My family will be at the campout. My son is planning on bringing our '73 squareback; unless he has to work. Then the squareback, his daily driver, will be busy elsewhere.
Loved seeing all of those Type 3's last year!
1985 Pop Top Weekender Vanagon (my 19yo son's first car. father/son project)
1985 Pop Top Weekender Vanagon w/ 2.5 Subaru

Past:
1976 Rabbit diesel (my first car). RIP. totaled by drunk driver (not me!)
1973 Pop Top Westfalia Weekender Bus. RIP. Blown engine due to 25yo ignorant of VW maintenance (me).
1986 Vanagon Transporter. RIP. totaled by drunk driver (not me!)
1987 Vanagon Syncro. I never should have sold.
type3nut64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Quote:
I will try my best to make it this year, I still need to see your car in person Paul.

Martin
allwagons

I really hope you can make it out Martin.
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

TommyBoyGomes wrote:
Yo steve,

We can hop off the 91 near the 5 or 57 to meet up with any orange county cruisers if that works for you.

Nice, that could work. What time are you leaving LA?
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Plenty of swag to be had at Prado this year! Shirts and hats will be $20 each at the show.

tr69c10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

I down to meet up off the 91frwy
TheGrafs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Takeover at El Prado 2018 Reply with quote

Flew in from New York last year for this get together, and man what an experience! Wish I was able to go again!
1970 Squareback

Youtube: GrafsGarage3
Instagram: GrafsGarage
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: