Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

YDBD wrote:
oprn wrote:

So are you then insinuating that the owners of these cars are low down, rotten sneaky and short of a good job just like their cars? (Attempt at humor!)

Yeah, kinda like when you see a dude in a BMW pass you when he's not supposed to, or large SUV that never off roads (compensating for something there?) Laughing

Yeah, I remember the saying " People who drive Corvette's use the cars statement as a extension of their penis"
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

motorcycles too
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Like an 80 year old lady in high heels, lipstick and a short skirt.

Hey man, whatever floats your boat Wink Wink Laughing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:
hitest wrote:
Helfen wrote:
hitest wrote:
FullFender wrote:
hitest wrote:
I believe it started when someone at a festival discovered that in the absence of a bottle opener- you need simply pop the bottle on the edge of the raingutter to uncap the fun. It then is a simple fold and it's stuck on the rail- and advertises your swill.

Dumb ten years ago, still dumb today.

Be original with your car. Is it ever really fun to say you copied so and so's car?

Sorry to burst your ego bubble pal but no matter what you do it's not gonna be original, everything has been done

You sadly don't get out much if you believe there's nothing original being done. What this has to do with an ego or a bubble sounds like your plea for attention. Your cars must be pretty damn plain. Wink

Why do you always resort to attacking people personally instead of just saying a opinion. Then you attack someone's car you've never seen. Why? I know your bigger than that.

Helfen- I know you read what you quoted from the guy above me- the ego thing then my response- followed by the smiley? That ego thing came from nowhere- and he has no idea about me or half the cars in my gallery. Tell me a return jab wasn't begged. My response was tame.

This thread has plenty of examples of old trends being drummed up as the latest thing. I don't care how people treat their cars- I just prefer original expression- whether its the whole car or just the engine, the interior, the roof rack- whatever. But clearly some folks think there is no original thought going on right now- which is both ignorant and wrong.

This thread discussed trends- let's return to that and maybe get away from the owners Rolling Eyes

I agree, lets return to that.

Best shit I've seen on here in quite some time. Well done gentlemen.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

FullFender wrote:
oprn wrote:

And with that FullFender and I once again find ourselves in complete agreement! Dancing

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Wikipedia entries for Cal Look

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_looker

...and Volksrod

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksrod

But no Panscraper yet.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.

Last edited by Buggeee on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
FullFender wrote:
oprn wrote:

And with that FullFender and I once again find ourselves in complete agreement! Dancing

Laughing Razz
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Wow. You really get a glimpse into who people really are reading a thread like this. That’s one interesting aspect of the internet, people will say exactly what they think without filter. In my opinion not a wise way to go about life.

One of the things that really attract me to the VW community is the diversity and inclusiveness of the scene. I love that someone can still get into classic cars without breaking the bank. I know for my bug, I will be doing the paint myself because I can’t afford to spend $6-10k on a paint job. I’m not going for the perfect showroom look, and you know what? That’s ok.

Hopefully we can understand that our human relationships are more important than our opinions or achieving vehicular perfection (or vehicular art for that matter). I love this community. Let’s lean to the inclusive side of things so everyone has a chance to love it too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

SeamusBlack32 wrote:
Wow. You really get a glimpse into who people really are reading a thread like this. That’s one interesting aspect of the internet, people will say exactly what they think without filter. In my opinion not a wise way to go about life.

One of the things that really attract me to the VW community is the diversity and inclusiveness of the scene. I love that someone can still get into classic cars without breaking the bank. I know for my bug, I will be doing the paint myself because I can’t afford to spend $6-10k on a paint job. I’m not going for the perfect showroom look, and you know what? That’s ok.

Hopefully we can understand that our human relationships are more important than our opinions or achieving vehicular perfection (or vehicular art for that matter). I love this community. Let’s lean to the inclusive side of things so everyone has a chance to love it too.

Diversity, yes. Inclusiveness not so much. To a few people a difference of opinion is a challenge to put someone down instead of arguing a point and letting it stand on it's own merit. Some people like to argue the point and also have to satisfy their sadism at the same time.

Samba was not created as a put down site just a exchange of ideas and technical information.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

SeamusBlack32 wrote:

On the contrary, I haven't said anything here that I wouldn't be willing to tell anyone directly to their face, filter be damned. I'd rather know who a person truly is & than be around a bunch of two faced, panty-waisted, ass-weasels that would be around you to further their lot in life.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a different opinion and expressing it. That is how we grow intellectually. If everyone on this site agreed not only would this be the most boring site ever it would also become stagnent and even regressive.

I might not like your ride and you might not like mine. What is wrong with expressing that? There may be a good reason why mine is what it is and yours is different. Share it! Opens up the mind to other points of view and possibilities.

Cutting others down and name calling is a whole different thing and is not constructive in anyway.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
SeamusBlack32 wrote:

On the contrary, I haven't said anything here that I wouldn't be willing to tell anyone directly to their face, filter be damned. I'd rather know who a person truly is & than be around a bunch of two faced, panty-waisted, ass-weasels that would be around you to further their lot in life.

I hope to learn something new every day. Today was not a disappointment because I learned a new term---------"ass-weasel". Made me go LOL right out loud. Laughing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
SeamusBlack32 wrote:

I hope to learn something new every day. Today was not a disappointment because I learned a new term---------"ass-weasel". Made me go LOL right out loud. Laughing

Laughing I'm right there with you.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Most definitely, learning a new name to call my buddies: "ass-weasel" Shocked has been worth every minute I've spent here over the years. I'll continue to wade through crap to find nuggets of gold like that. Laughing
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Now you can use your new word in a sentence like this.

John refused to answer my question and instead acted like an ass weasel to everyone in the room. My question is this.... Is ass weasel a variation the more commonly used term “ass clown”?????
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Now you can use your new word in a sentence like this.

John refused to answer my question and instead acted like an ass weasel to everyone in the room. My question is this.... Is ass weasel a variation the more commonly used term “ass clown”?????

Nope, an ass clown is just a goofy, doltish, dumbass. An ass-weasel is an ass kisser with voracity, always conniving & trying to do whatever necessary to further their agenda, rarely ever in the position of power, but always attached to the person that is & striving for it. Think of that ass-weasel that's the head of the HOA that walks around the neighborhood with a ruler & a note pad. Then there's the more vulgar definitions.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Got it here’s an example of an ass weasel that came to mind.

The character of Bill Lumberg in the movie Office Space and he drove a 911.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Ass weasel could be like a trunk monkey. It's a weasel some jerk caries around in their ass that pops out and acts like a douchebag then jumps back in. An ass weasel is like a jerk's co-jerk. LoL.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

Wife looked this up on urban dictionary. Several different meanings all different than what’s posted here and some not suitable to define here. Learned something new today 😁
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a name for the current style of hotrodding a bug? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
SeamusBlack32 wrote:

Preach it Brother!
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: