Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fridge replacement in EVC: TF49 or TF65 or leave it alone?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which fridge setup?
Keep as is and use TF49 as an extra fridge on longer campouts.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sell TF49 for TF5 and replace Norcold with TF5.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Replace Norcold with TF49 and make some extra storage space.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Fridge replacement in EVC: TF49 or TF65 or leave it alone? Reply with quote

So in the garage, I have a 1.8 cubic foot tf49 fridge that I can put in my 03 EVC. Right now, I just use it as a spare when we go on longer camping trips and plug it into the lighter. The working stock Norcold 3163 in my van is also 1.8 cubic feet.

I'd like to be able to have my fridge useful all the time without having to wait a few hours for it to cool off. Just have it for daily use at soccer practice or if I go post up at the mountain bike trails and plink on my laptop. This would make an argument for replacing the Norcold with the truckfridge. BUT I also like having an extra fridge that we can just deploy in our ARB spare room on longer camping trips - extra food space when combined with the Norcold.

I reckon I could sell my tf49 and use that money to pay for a larger tf 65 which has 2.4 cubic feet of storage. I'd then install that in the space currently occupied by the Norcold.

BUT - the thing I also like about the idea of putting in the tf49 instead of a 65 is that I could probably create some added storage space alongside the fridge - space that would not be as great with the tf65. One of the most annoying things about the EVC is that you can't get to the pantry cabinet with the bed deployed. So if I get up early and haven't thought to have coffee/breakfast stuff out of the pantry cabinet and ready, then I have to go without sustenance 'til the family wakes up and I can fold the bed to access our caffeinated provisions and such.

What do y'all think I should do? I'm leaning towards installing the tf49 and using a cooler as an extra if I need it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lholm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Fridge replacement in EVC: TF49 or TF65 or leave it alone? Reply with quote

Search for post entitled Eurovan refrigerator upgrade. It may be of interest to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: