Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mattw2018 - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mattw2018
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 15, 2019
AdrianRai
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Mattw2018 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Mattw2018 Not a reliable seller I wouldn't trust buying from him the car looks much worse in reality then the pics seller is asking for a deposit nonrefundable, please don't get fooled see the car first before giving any deposits

Last edited by AdrianRai on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mattw2018 Reply with quote

This person has no vehicles for sale on this site right now.

Did you lose a deposit to this seller?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AdrianRai
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Mattw2018 Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

He took it off and yes lost my deposit, asked him for at least half of the deposit because I rented a platform and drove 500 km to buy the car but he refused
He told me that would be no refund but I wasn't expecting the car to look so bad

I'm ecouraging people not to deal with such a scam not only with this person
AdrianRai
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mattw2018 Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2169065
This was the add
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mattw2018 Reply with quote

Thanks for adding additional information
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mattw2018
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mattw2018 Reply with quote

Completely false. This man contacted me and insisted on sending me a deposit to secure my car, asked me to take the ad down and wait a week for him to collect the vehicle.

I agreed to this only on the condition that my listing price was firm, and the deposit would be non refundable, as I would have to remove the ad and turn down several seriously interested buyers. Adrian agreed to all of this. I warned him in advance about the condition of the vehicle and my preference was he not do this and come see the car if it was still for sale. Adrian insisted on securing the car with a deposit, did not request or want additional information. Upon his arrival he tried to offer me half my asking price, tried for over an hour to get the car below my asking price. The problem was the car was listed below 10 grand and attracted a lot of buyers unfamiliar with the car. Adrian claimed he wanted to use it for camping, but he arrived with quite the car hauling rig and a friend who looked like he knew what he was doing. It made me think he wanted to buy and resell my car and was trying to work me to get a better deal. This was very disappointing and I wish I never engaged with this buyer. I am sorry this didnt work out but this buyer completely wasted my time and did not honor our deal.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: