Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Proportioning valve
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaBigDaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Proportioning valve Reply with quote

I've searched most of the site I want to install a p-valve I understand it should go on the frt brake lines how is everyone doing this? Mine is a Sand Flea and once the hood goes on it there it requires a few bolts to unmounts and then the new paint I keep looking for pics but can't seem to find any everyone's photobucket is out of date. Just like a pic. I am putting my lock valve on rear brake system and am installing on tunnel beside frt seat for driver so I can set when we Park. Can the residual valve go in line with this? Any help is greatly appreciated
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Proportioning valve Reply with quote

You can mount prop valve anywhere you want to plumb it at. The thing to remember it must be between the master cly and where the front lines t to the r+l sides. I would want mine where I could adjust it as conditions dictate while driving.(street legal woods buggy)
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Proportioning valve Reply with quote

This is where I ran mine. I put it in line with the brake lock on the front wheels by the shifter. I ran a line in front the master to the valves and then out to a T fitting (I used a stock VW rear brake T) that split of to the front wheels

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Put the residual valve as close to the rear brake T as possible so it holds pressure in as small a part of the circuit as possible

brad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: