Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parts VW experience any?
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marvin_lao
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Parts VW experience any? Reply with quote

Hi,

Im from Philippines and driving a 2002 mexican beetle injected. Im a lurker on this sit for quite sometime now and as i read the threads i learned that one of the best person to get parts for mexican beetle is Parts VW a nice lad at first even called him and send messages back and forth but when i decided to buy and ask if theres a replacement parts he suddenly blocked me and didnt want to communicate. I find it unprofessional if he only wants you to buy on what ever price he dictates and i find the prices are high heres a sample price he gave me all for 2002 mexi bug front brake pads $90usd rear brake shoe $90usd iac (idle air control ) 140$usd others here who are familiar on the pricing for sure knows the prices. Now my point is if you are professional and wants to help a fellow beetle enthusiast and a good seller you should be professional enough to deal also with people who are looking for replacement parts

Thank you!
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

I don't understand your problem. You are saying he has a price for an item, but you aren't willing to pay this? Are you trying to haggle the price down?

Try doing that with Wolfsburg West or West Coast Metric or CIP1 or any other suppliers.

Well simple. Don't buy from him! He probably has a need to make a profit on what he sells. It's simple economics. If his prices are too high, no-one will buy from him. He will either go broke or drop his prices to meet the market.

I don't think it is unprofessional to try and get the best price he can.
marvin_lao
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Not trying to haggle just asking for a replacement parts. Like the iac he offered a cheaper one because what he can get are replacement as of the moment. Thats why i got the idea that he might be able to supply all replacement parts that i need got it?

I never said or ask discount from him just another replacement part.

Not here to discredit or anything all iam saying is its your customers choice weather he or she will opt to get the replacement parts or genuine vw parts. Correct?
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Are you saying you want him to stock another lower priced version of the same part and he won't?
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
green1303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Some shops like Bughaus, WW, or WCM stock one version of each part, usually the highest-quality version that is available in large quantity from their respective wholesale suppliers, or something that is manufactured under their own specifications and supervision. If you ask them to sell you something cheaper and lower-quality, itís not consistent with their business model, and you should buy elsewhere. They may know that you will have problems with the fit or function of the cheap part. Vendors who set high standards are a strength, not a weakness.
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Having been shopping from Antonio (PartsVW) for a Number of years with full satisfaction, I'd say his prices are not particularly high for what he has. Most of the times generic vendors don't have specific 1600i parts or what they have Is more expensive or need to be backordered. For the parts common with older models, on the other hand, Antonio may not be the cheapest source, but you have to shop around and compare prices.
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

You can search Samba for the parts you need and compare prices You can also post an ad on Samba for free indicating the parts you want and how much you are willing to pay for them. This is much better than relying on one seller for all of your part needs.

Note that shipping internationally can be expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

I've dealt with Antonio for many years and have found him to be very dependable and a great resource of parts. Sometimes his prices may be a little higher than other sites, but, unless he states otherwise, you will get original VW parts. In some cases he has directed me to another vendor for original VW parts that I'm looking for, if he doesn't have it, or a cheaper option.

In addition, he has offered technical help/advice to myself and others at no cost.

As others have said, sometimes other sources can be more cost-effective, depending on the part, another vendor like Wolfsburg West may be an option.
You may have to do a little sleuthing as VW of Mexico changed some of the part numbers and there is no (that I know of) cross-reference between the old and new numbers.

Usually Antonio responds very quickly, but he does have a busy schedule, so he may not reply as quick as you would like. In my experience I have had to send a second note a couple of times, but I don't see any issue with that.

Have a read through his feedback thread to see what myself and others have said:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101257
1972 914 (past)
1996 'Open Air' Mexican Beetle (current)
marvin_lao
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Im not saying antonio is a bad person. Actually as a new beetle owner i tend to ask more questions and ask for other options Its not because i cant afford it as a car enthusisat myself and parts importer here in the Philippines i know that some replacement parts are made by same company that supplies to vw or other car manufacturer
windfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Antonio has carved out a niche for himself selling VW-made parts targeting Mexibeetles.
That's what he's decided to stock.

You wanted to save a little and asked him about cross compatibility.. for parts that he doesn't carry, so you could buy them elsewhere?
I'm not sure why you think he should do the legwork for you so you can go buy parts somewhere else.

You could argue that if the parts are the same except for the logo and slightly cheaper there's no reason for him to not stock them.. but you chose a seller that specifically stocks VW-branded parts.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=84077
heimlich Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

It sounds like you haggled a bit too much and pissed him off. Send me the part numbers and I can check on pricing. I have a distributor I work with in Mexico. If VW is still making the parts I can get them.
Restored Distributors https://www.vwnos.com/search?q=restored
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Meiang Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

Quote:
"I find it unprofessional if he only wants you to buy on what ever price he dictates"

I might be missing something here but you cannot tell someone what to charge for a item.

It just doesn't work that way.
marvin_lao
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

windfish wrote:
Antonio has carved out a niche for himself selling VW-made parts targeting Mexibeetles.

You wanted to save a little and asked him about cross compatibility.. for parts that he doesn't carry, so you could buy them elsewhere?
I'm not sure why you think he should do the legwork for you so you can go buy parts somewhere else.

You could argue that if the parts are the same except for the logo and slightly cheaper there's no reason for him to not stock them.. but you chose a seller that specifically stocks VW-branded parts.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=84077

No i never ask him to cross match
windfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any??? Reply with quote

marvin_lao wrote:
windfish wrote:

No i never ask him to cross match

Mm.
Maybe you didn't ask for the part numbers, but you did ask for the non-VW version of a part, and seem to be upset that he doesn't carry what you want at the price you want it.

If you're not happy with a seller's price and/or selection you move on, don't badger them in an attempt to get them to see things your way.

I wouldn't buy $90 brake shoes either, but it's not exactly hard to find another place to buy brake shoes.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts VW experience any? Reply with quote

Moved to Buyer and Seller area as this is a Buyer & Seller question.

Locked since people responded to your issue above with replies as to what most likely happened and this seller has an existing feedback thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101257

If you want to know why he didn't contact you or blocked you, maybe wait a while and ask him directly and see if he responds.
If he doesn't respond you will know he did not want to deal with you.
Find another seller.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: