Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stock seats
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
parmaynu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Stock seats Reply with quote

Is anyone using stock bug seats? Could you post some pictures? Plus any details if you’ve lowered the frames.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
parmaynu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Anyone?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Given the availability of much better seats I think you might struggle to find someone who uses stock seats
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

I would think they would be way to high even cut down and bolted to the floor..
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

http://www.manxclub.com/Resources-Tech6.htm

This is a tech article on the Manx Club site from many years ago on lowering stock seats rails for use with suspension seats.
Yes you can cut down the stock rails and use stock seat in a buggy, but you really need to figure out if it feasible to do for you.
If you are over 6ft tall then you really need to think of other kinds of seats.

Or you have Dino (Bugshields) build you a taller windshield for your buggy.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
parmaynu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Yeah I realise. I am looking to build a replica of the very early Manx that had stock seats.
Manx102
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Our early Manx with stock height seats. The only difference from completely stock is that when they were reupholstered 51 years ago the upholsterer contoured the bottom and back to be more supportive so that you sit more in the seat than on. They have been very comfortable and long-lasting in playing in the sand dunes, deserts, and mountains of Baja and the southwest.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Classic GP buggy with stock seats looks comfy but looks as if it may bounce you out of the car on the first bend without safety belts!

parmaynu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Thank you for those bits of information . Maybe it’s a little too much form over function having stock seats. I probably will order a tall screen when I get around to that part.

David, I wish someone started making those GP shells again! UK classic!
monomanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock seats Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: