Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jason Rowles..... Aussie speedo guy beware
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Becker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Jason Rowles..... Aussie speedo guy beware Reply with quote

In late 2016 I had a problem with the Trip Speedo in my 56 Oval, I posted on an Aussie FB page asking if anyone knew of a good speedo place that could repair it and supply a new glass for another Trip speedo I had, I was contacted by Jason Rowles a member of the FB VW page saying he did speedo repairs in his spare time and he was sending some housings and bezels out soon to be replated and If I sent mine to him he would add it to the others he was sending.

I sent my 2 tripmeter speedos to Jason last April for him to look at, one was a very nice condition clear needle 80mph oval speedo with a non working trip odometer, the other was a rough condition 90 MPH Beetle trip speedo with a cracked glass.

After I sent them he contacted me and said he could repair the Oval speedo and was it ok to use the 90 mph speedo for some parts as the mech was worn, I agreed.

After a month I tried to contact him a few times to see how they were going, no reply, tried to contact him through FB, his account has been closed, his phone goes straight to message, I kept trying over the next few months, nothing.

I posted on an Aussie VW FB page what had happened and was contacted by several people who had delt with him, some had sent him speedos to restore and all had similar problems to me, one guy did get his stuff back after months of trying to contact him, it was restored and the owner was very happy with the work.

About September last year I get a call from Jason saying he had been in hospital for months suffering from various ailments and he couldn't return my calls, I believed him and he said he would do the work on my speedo and call me when it was ready.

He called me in December to say to make my speedo very nice it would need a new clear needle, as the old one was a little yellowed, he told me he gets them from a place in the US and it would be a few weeks, I told him to order the new needle and call me when done.

He texted me early this year to say it was done, I gave him my post address so he could send it and asked him for the repair cost so I could pay him I received no reply.

I left it for a few weeks and called him, he answered the phone, I asked where we were up to with the speedo and he said he had posted it Express priority post 2 weeks earlier, I asked for the tracking details, he said he was working out of town and would call me when he had it, nothing.. I have tried to contact him every week since and no reply.

The weird part is I haven't paid him for his work and he has never told me how much the repair is or asked me for payment, why would he send it???

I will be contacting the police to see what can be done, I have his address and will certainly drop in for a visit next time I'm up that way.
A feeling experienced by Volkswagen Drivers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: