Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Latest Dyno Results
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

Pat D wrote:
My favorite engine for that type of driving is a 2017cc. dual 44 IDF carbs, 9-1 compression, Panchito heads, W-120 or CB #2242 cam and a 1.25 rocker arm, 1-1/2 merged exhaust. Nothing over the top but an honest 145 HP and you can drive it anywhere without over heating. I build this exact engine often and get really great feedback.

If you want a little larger displacement, a 78x 94 is another good engine. Panchito heads, #2292 cam with a 1.25 rocker, 48 IDF carbs, 9-1 compression, 1-5/8 merged exhaust will get you 165 hp and still run cool enough for the street.

The Panchito head has opened the door for bigger street engines producing good mid range torque. It cools very well and produces some big hp numbers from a 40mm valve.

Thanks for listing these combos. I built a low revving 2234cc tractor engine with panchitos, and it was impressive. It pushes around a 5000lbs double decker limo bus. Perfect heads for lots of different applications.

The new Wedgeports with the smaller port volume seem pretty impressive also.

Keep up the good work.

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

Ivkings, that cam needs more compression.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

Pat,

Any plans of using the new 044 chamber design in the Panchito?
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pat D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

jpaull wrote:
Pat,

No, The tooling on the Panchito is a permanent mold, no changing it. But, The panchito chamber is actually very nice and opened up as best can be for an 85.5mm bore.
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

Pat D wrote:
jpaull wrote:
Pat,

No, The tooling on the Panchito is a permanent mold, no changing it. But, The panchito chamber is actually very nice and opened up as best can be for an 85.5mm bore.

Thanks for the info Pat! Cool
Will you please make a comparison between the NEW Panchito and the very last batch of the Old "CNC Ported" Panchito . . . using the 2017cc you mentioned.

FWIW . . . I bought one of the last pair of the old "CNC" Panchito heads . . . C.B. opened mine for 90.5 . . . I'm hoping I won't be leaving too much power on the table using them vs the new version Panchito!
Pat D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

57BLITZ wrote:
Pat D wrote:
jpaull wrote:
Pat,

Thanks for the info Pat! Cool
Will you please make a comparison between the NEW Panchito and the very last batch of the Old "CNC Ported" Panchito . . . using the 2017cc you mentioned.

FWIW . . . I bought one of the last pair of the old "CNC" Panchito heads . . . C.B. opened mine for 90.5 . . . I'm hoping I won't be leaving too much power on the table using them vs the new version Panchito!
The old panchito ports were digitized and used on the new casting. There is no difference in performance or cooling between the two heads
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

HotStreetVw wrote:
Better tell the Society of Automotive Engineers all those technical papers are wrong.

I think JPMs mouse engine is excellent. Its included in that graph above and I can tell you it isn't one of the outliers.
oh somany sae stuff is rong, out dated, just like the earth is round as we all know it is flat.and a man can not brathe under water or on the moon or live in space...those ex spurts have it all worked out perfectly. keep up the good work pat.I dont know squat about all thise numbers, but the time slips do tell the tale. as does the light at the finish line.
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
HotStreetVw wrote:
Better tell the Society of Automotive Engineers all those technical papers are wrong.

I think JPMs mouse engine is excellent. Its included in that graph above and I can tell you it isn't one of the outliers.
oh somany sae stuff is rong, out dated, just like the earth is round as we all know it is flat.and a man can not brathe under water or on the moon or live in space...those ex spurts have it all worked out perfectly. keep up the good work pat.I dont know squat about all thise numbers, but the time slips do tell the tale. as does the light at the finish line.

Yes! If the earth was round my house would be higher than my neighbors, question everything!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

I was thinking about this engine the other night. Since the owner has had some time to aggravate his competition, does anyone know who’s engine it is, and have any more specs./speed secrets been divulged? Let’s see now if we can keep this strictly to build sheet specs., and not question how it was possible?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: CB Latest Dyno Results Reply with quote

Onceler wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
HotStreetVw wrote:

Yes! If the earth was round my house would be higher than my neighbors, question everything!
depending on the time of day. Wink and who is smoking what and when Shocked Shame on you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: