Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fourteen States in Seven Weeks?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Hmmm, pictures. Well, we did start the day with a sensible breakfast at Screen Door Wink A fine epicurean gut bomb of fried chicken and grits.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Got the quintessential shot of the neighborhood. 3 bay windows, Vanagon, and Subaru’s.

I recall your visit being a real fun time Laughing Did not get a photo of Sunnydog, you, and I grabbing post wrenching beers at Moon and Sixpence. Next time. About to take the 76 out for more testing on the AAAR gimmick you spliced in. So far on my short trips around town. It’s running really well. Cheers buddy.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Good to hear from you! I just installed a Wolfgang box, smooth as silk and absolutely no play in the peg.
Safe travels
Tcash
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Lookin' good Robbie!

I'm looking forward to the next installment of RoadTrip Tales Very Happy
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Grand totals now, pictures and stories to come later……

States: 16
Weeks: 12
Miles: 8,542

Repair costs: $22.94 (generator brushes and speaker wire.)
Maintenance costs: $50.40 (two oil changes.)

That's less than a cent per mile of actual mechanical operating costs of this engine. Not too bad. For the last few months I've been pretty bummed with my average 18mpg instead of this engine's usual 20mpg, but the thing has 60k+ hard miles on it. That being said, I also drove MUCH faster this trip than the 2016 experience…

Buddy and I have a special anniversary coming up this week… To the tune of 100k miles together! Shocked
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Grand totals now, pictures and stories to come later……

States: 16
Weeks: 12
Miles: 8,542

Repair costs: $22.94 (generator brushes and speaker wire.)
Maintenance costs: $50.40 (two oil changes.)

That's less than a cent per mile of actual mechanical operating costs of this engine. Not too bad. For the last few months I've been pretty bummed with my average 18mpg instead of this engine's usual 20mpg, but the thing has 60k+ hard miles on it. That being said, I also drove MUCH faster this trip than the 2016 experience…

Buddy and I have a special anniversary coming up this week… To the tune of 100k miles together! Shocked
Robbie

that's how much a car should cost to own and operate. Be safe out there.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Robbie bought us a nice lunch yesterday, a payback as we bought him lunch last time he passed thru. He should have made it to his folks home last eve about 8pm, and finish up in N. San Diego today or tomorrow.
chachi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

love the Screen Door!!
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

I told SGKent about this at lunch, but from Sacramento, with a slight headwind, I floored the car until the Grapevine (about 310 miles) regardless of speed or temperature. I let off once for gas, twice for bladder, and three times for traffic concerns.

Note the CHT guage is unplugged…

The drive was outright gorgeous, at a wonderful 103° through the hottest part of the day.

Got a nice flip-flop tan.

--

Before that, I did an oil change in Coos Bay, Oregon.

Raced a Honda with a fart can. Lost. Fart can sound continued around the block. Found this lodged in my fan:

So, like, listen to your engine and not the 320° CHT readings, ok?

Got a partnership with Airhead Parts in the works for Air-Schooled…

Oh yeah, I drove 263 miles with the Treffen before completing around 700 miles in one day…

…Followed by a delicious and mentally invigorating lunch with SGKent… Today though has been a fun day of poking around my garage…

…and parking in my garage for the first time since May 3rd. It's good to be home.
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: