Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quick question regarding kombi interior
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rayb3176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Hey friends, quick question with these old splitty Kombis. Would it be possible to get stock from the dealer lets say a 1962 Kombi. Now could you get this same bus with basically a Microbus interior, complete with 6 popout side windows. Stock from the factory, not something someone put together. I'm talking ALL the interior panels with the chrome strip. I'm talking the upholstered middle panel with the grab bar. Rear seat and middle seat. In a Kombi, all stock. Did they make these?
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

No on the standard/deluxe interior panels but you could have all seats and m code 502-505 with interior panels in the rear. See Clara's ad for reproductions.
Also you could have the option for all popouts in the rear.
Have a look at these. to me a very cool look for a kombi, over a standard/deluxe inter install on a kombi.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1506483
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rayb3176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Ok, here's the M code info on this Kombi in the woods. I would have taken a picture, but the seat frame was in the way. I suspected a bumblebee nest in the front nose. I recorded a quick video reading off the m plate. Here is the info.
UN 221 TK BL 867211
So I see a microbus, full middle seat, built Nov 20, 1961. North American equipment, 6 popout windows, came into NY, and the chassis number. TK BL still eludes me. But it's a Kombi, not a Microbus.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

22 is a micro/standard. So yes it would have the standard/deluxe type interior. It's not a commercial kombi. That would be 23 for the model #
Kombi's and standards have the same amount of windows
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rayb3176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

221 is the code on this rusty bus. I'm positive it's all original, this things been sitting a long time. But it's a Kombi????
I'll post more pictures, you'll see what I mean.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

no not a kombi but a standard, same amount of windows for both
Plus it's two tone paint, another standard bus feature
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Rayb3176 wrote:
221 is the code .......... But it's a Kombi????.......

No, it's a Microbus (AKA Standard).

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

this is a standard with the same features as yours
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Rayb3176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Oh, I see now. I was confused, I thought the Microbus had one more set of windows. Forgive me, I'm still learning.
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Rayb3176 wrote:
Oh, I see now. I was confused, I thought the Microbus had one more set of windows. Forgive me, I'm still learning.

Yep. I remember when I figured out the difference lol. I made a post saying it was a 13 window bus when it was only a 11 window bus. I didnt know how to count the windows properly.
A Kombi is one solid color and it has 11 windows. Typically they dont have popout windows, but they could be ordered with them.
A standard bus has two tone paint, pop out windows and more fancy interior.
These are all 11 windows too.
A deluxe microbus from 50-63 can be either a 15 window or 23 window samba.

In 1964 they made the rear hatch of the bus wider and had to eliminate the two rear corner windows. So from 1964-67 the most windows a deluxe could have was either 13 or 21.

Most consider a 15 window german bus a samba, but not the 13 window bus.
All deluxe buses 13 15 21 and 23 have the polished aluminum trim around the belt line as well as more chrome accents inside the bus and a clock.

I could go on alot more but this is just the basics of identification. Today i can pretty much decode a mplate just by looking at it and i have all the bus paint color codes memorized. I used to think i was weird, but have since met a ton of other people who know way more then I do. They’re all weird tho.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Ya, a lot of people and family think I'm weird Wink
Rayb3176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Thanks for info, I'm having fun learning this code breaking stuff. Still, this is a microbus and not just a Kombi? Cool beans in Cool
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Rayb3176 wrote:
Thanks for info, I'm having fun learning this code breaking stuff. Still, this is a microbus and not just a Kombi? Cool beans in Cool

It is indeed a standard bus.
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Ya, a lot of people and family think I'm weird Wink

I usually catch myself and shut it down before I go into obcessive information mode LOL. Unless im with my fellow busers.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

To answer this part:
Quote:
TK BL

TK BL is Turquoise / Blue-White paint, exactly like the color Bus posted above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rayb3176
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question regarding kombi interior Reply with quote

Thanks. Seems it still has some of it left on it
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: