Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody else digging JDM Legends?
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Anybody else digging JDM Legends? Reply with quote

I’ve always enjoyed old Japanese cars and bikes... quite refreshing to see a show with some cool JDM metal, soooo over mustangs, camaros and LS conversions. Guy seems real cool too.

It seems his shop might be on the same block as Kindigs shop.

Did anyone else notice the lot with VWs in the back ground on ep.4?

So far I dig this show.... I know it’s just entertainment... but so far, it lacks the usual bullshit that most of the car shows have... drama, stupidity,deadlines, etc.

Last edited by anthracitedub on Sat May 12, 2018 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffinohio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

I really like it.Kindigs show is the only one I watched before,as they don't add fake drama.I saw the JDM episode where they did the early 240,and it was great.
67 Cougar
3 Subarus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

I like the fact that he is so into the fit and finish and using original parts for the cars sourced from around the world when he can get his hands on them. Cleaning up the engine bays to be aesthetically pleasing, but still having the power that they came with and being true to the heritage of the vehicle.

I enjoyed watching the Datsun 510 build since my brother had one growing up.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

Yes, I’m in complete agreement with the way he does his work. Keeps them kinda true to the era and heritage.

I want that Datsun shop truck!!! I had friends in school back in the 90s that had those... cool little cruisers.
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

It certainly seems better than most other shows on Velocity, which are steaming piles of garbage.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

Legends
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

Maybe they'll do a Datsun 510 GTV.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

I too have enjoyed JDM Legends.
Is subject matter deep enough to support a show?
I wouldn’t tune in to watch them restore a 510 every week.
I can only think on about a ½ dozen Japanese cars of historic significance, but little story about the Be1 was cool too.
I can do without the drama, cussing & beeps that Discovery seems to thrive on.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM ledgends? Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
I too have enjoyed JDM Legends.
Is subject matter deep enough to support a show?
I wouldn’t tune in to watch them restore a 510 every week.
I can only think on about a ½ dozen Japanese cars of historic significance, but little story about the Be1 was cool too.
I can do without the drama, cussing & beeps that Discovery seems to thrive on.

Came here to say this. I really enjoy the cinematography and subject matter, and lack of fake drama, I'm just not sure there's enough different subjects to keep it viable.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM Legends? Reply with quote

Pretty much ditto above. It’ll be interesting to see what else they dig up to feature? So far haven’t they done two Skylines? My mom had a 72 240Z when I was growing up so that episode really interested me.

The second guy reminds me of one of the guys from Fantomworks but I forget his name.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM Legends? Reply with quote

Idk, I think there are quite a few cars, engines, transmission and other offerings from Japan to keep my interest. They haven’t even got into Toyota’s yet... what about a kick ass Supra ? We’ve had decades worth of shows catered to GM and Ford... to me it’s a breath of fresh air. I’m hoping the show gets picked up and it’s not just a pilot.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else digging JDM Legends? Reply with quote

anthracitedub wrote:

Did anyone else notice the lot with VWs in the back ground on ep.4?

Googled JDM’s address which is Murray Utah. I then googled “VW Aircooled” and Aircooled.net is in Murray Utah as well and right around the corner..... Think that’s it.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: