Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Late bay breather gasket availability
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

Shopping around for a breather gasket locally, and I can’t get a hit back at any FLAPS for either breather gasket or part number 021115487.

I don’t really need anything else at the moment from any of the VW part houses, so I’d like to get out of paying $12 shipping for a $2 part.

Tried Napa, Advanced, autozone, and oreilly....

Or is anyone doing an order from somewhere and can grab me 2 of these and drop them in an envelope?

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

I have a spare. Pm me your address
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mispeld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

Two weeks ago AutoZone quoted me $52.00 for the oil screen/gaskets. Then asked if I wanted them to order it. Umm, no thanks buddy.

I know this doesn't help you though.
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

Aeromech came through in the best way!

Mispeld wrote:
Two weeks ago AutoZone quoted me $52.00 for the oil screen/gaskets. Then asked if I wanted them to order it. Umm, no thanks buddy.

I couldnt even get a hit on out of stock or some extravagant price, im just wondering what the right keyword is. Im amazed no one had it. I figured i wasn't asking right.

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

aerosurfer wrote:

Mispeld wrote:

I couldnt even get a hit on out of stock or some extravagant price, im just wondering what the right keyword is. Im amazed no one had it. I figured i wasn't asking right.

Ari and Eric have some in classifieds for $5 each and $5 shipping. If that guy in San Diego falls thru PM her and ask her if she can mail one for a couple dollars. She is easy to deal with and they have good items they collect from all over in their travels. If she can't then I can pick one up from their location on Friday and mail it. Gary will come thru - it is those guys who fly the mail I worry about. Smile https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1821726

aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
aerosurfer wrote:

Mispeld wrote:

Ari and Eric have some in classifieds for $5 each and $5 shipping. If that guy in San Diego falls thru PM her and ask her if she can mail one for a couple dollars. She is easy to deal with and they have good items they collect from all over in their travels. If she can't then I can pick one up from their location on Friday and mail it. Gary will come thru - it is those guys who fly the mail I worry about. Smile https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1821726

That guy from San Diego.... Laughing Ha! I did see that ad as well. It was going to be my next stop, but Gary hooked me up, already in the mail!

Thanks though. I was worried these gaskets had become like a TS2 or some other, thought to be, mundane part that suddenly becomes rare

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

I just buy high temp. rubberized cork sheet and cut mine. I have a stack of them from my last cutting session.

Also if you adhere it to the breather with high temp RTV....let it dry... and then roll on a thin layer of RTV to seal the face again the case....and let dry before install.....it stops the shrinkage and cracking....and you can get 70k miles out of one. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bay breather gasket availability Reply with quote

VW Business Listing - Parts
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/shops/cat.php?id=1
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: