Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box? Reply with quote

Hi y'all,

I'm a the stage of sorting the clutch on a split window bus and trying to source info on what clutch MC people have used to mate with the SC on the pull type subie boxes?

Thanks,
Mike
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box? Reply with quote

What year and what model Transmission?
I was playing around at rock auto and found this:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,2005,le...inder,1996
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box? Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
What year and what model Transmission?
I was playing around at rock auto and found this:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,2005,le...inder,1996

Due to the water blasting to clean the box, as bought fully converted and not as a kit, then it no longer has it's ID sticker on it but it's more than likely a TY754 box as these are easier to convert than the TY752.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box? Reply with quote

so, you're saying you have a pull style Subaru trans? that's a tough one...probably have to adapt one of the clutch master/slaves for an air cooled trans.

that said, I use a Subaru push style 5 speed for a conversion and used all of the stock Subaru master/slave without issue.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
shermer-high
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box? Reply with quote

How did you setup the subi master with the VW pedals?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What Clutch MC to use with Subarugears Box? Reply with quote

So a bit more investigating and the box came from a WRX or STi so can just use the Subie SC on the gearbox and then for the MC I've found that the 1998-2005 MC should be best as it has a remote reservoir and this then can be placed under the inspection cover present in Split window bus floors. At least for a RHD model anyway.

As for mounting the MC it's a case of welding a tab to the clutch lever arm and then fabricating a bracket to weld to the underside of the bus. Fortunately for RHD there's a crossmember that can be used but for LHD the clutch pedal exists on the wrong wide of this member so I think would require welding to the chassis rail.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: