Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 the Original Shrike GT
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BushwhackDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

Probably not a chance in hell -but- I can dream..WTB -searching for the SHRIKE GT designed by my dad - Don Haskin and his company Phoenix Automotive. Only 4 were made when the partners fought and the business failed. There is a rumour they were destroyed out of anger, jealousy and ignorance (can anyone imagine destroying a rare car nowadays?) Was it pissed off investment partners or another jealous kit car maker? For sure the Shrike GT was one of the most beautiful kit cars made (of course I got a biased opinion) - most are a bad copy of a Ford GT or a Dino Ferrari with bad proportions and a ugly windshield of some sort. The Shrike GT had the look of a Ferrari 250 LM rear with a modern day Porsche 911 or Lotus Elise front (50 years before them). It was designed to fit on a Squareback/Fastback VW which came stock then with the dual carb flat 1600 motor. One produced was a driver painted silver. I need all car lovers and VW fans to keep an eye out - Contact me PLEASE - THANKS! Dave Haskin (Bushwhack Dave)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by BushwhackDave on Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

Doesn't help, but there was one for sale last year somewhere in Arizona if memory serves. Cool looking kit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

I will keep a lookout
Marlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

This one looks different
BushwhackDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

Yes that is NAF's Shrike kit car from the 70's which took the original's name. The tube frame Norton Shrike kit car took the original's name again in 1979. So Letterman7 come on -if your memory serves you well...You are in PA right?-where would you have seen it? In some add online? Samba - Craigslist - ebay? where would you have been looking?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I had nothing better to do, so I google searched for Shrike GT for sale, and I came up with this result. Just above the series of photos is a link to a Phoenix Craigslist ad, this may have been the one that Letterman7 was referring to (the Craigslist ad itself is no longer active).

http://fiberclassics.org/this-really-is-a-rare-one-shrike-gt-on-craiglist/

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

^ Yeah, that's the one. Not the same bodystyle obviously.. sorry about that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

[size=18][color=red]
Gary0302 wrote:
Hi Dave,

I had nothing better to do, so I google searched for Shrike GT for sale, and I came up with this result. Just above the series of photos is a link to a Phoenix Craigslist ad, this may have been the one that Letterman7 was referring to (the Craigslist ad itself is no longer active).

Harmfull website Blocked!

My Frontier anti virus says Nope.

Anybody else get that message?

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

I got there with no issue. Maybe you computer doesn't want you window shopping vintage kit cars. Laughing

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 the Original Shrike GT Reply with quote

I can tell you now that your antivirus is flat out wrong! I own that website and 63,000 people went to it with no issues in the past month .

My guess is that your anti virus does not like the eBay ad on the top of the page or something along those lines.

BIGMIKEY wrote:
[size=18][color=red]
Gary0302 wrote:
Hi Dave,

Harmfull website Blocked!

My Frontier anti virus says Nope.

Anybody else get that message?

Mike T

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: