Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Awning size for EV Weekender SWB
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
swsl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Awning size for EV Weekender SWB Reply with quote

Hi - I am about to order a Fiamma awning from Europe for my Weekender and have the option of a 270 cm or the 250cm.

I am not anywhere near my 2002 EV weekender. Not even the same country.

I know that the 2.5 meter (8 foot) fits fine and that the 10 foot will not, but not sure if the 2.7 will without sticking out beyond the curve of the body lines in front above the passenger door. I want max shade, but a good-looking aero fit.

Can somebody do me the favor and get out your tape, run it from the back with the hatch open (so there's no interference back there) to the front for 106 inches and let me know (or photo) where it lands?

Appreciate it !

Steve

Last edited by swsl on Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
swsl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

I know it's kind of a hassle but if anybody with a later MV, Westy or GLS Eurovan (SWB) could please go outside and measure the straight part of the roof line there, I'd really appreciate it.

Or if you know for a fact that your 8' Awning fits with x" extra, that would help too.

Very hard to find info on fit, I've searched and searched.

Thanks
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

2002 MV Weekender. Top down, tape end at the end of the body where it meets the rear hatch, this is what I get:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

what is "SWB"?
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

@markcm2 Short Wheel Base. LWB = Long Wheel Base (e.g. Eurovan Full Camper pop-top by Winnebago in the U.S.).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swsl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

IdeaNerd wrote:
2002 MV Weekender. Top down, tape end at the end of the body where it meets the rear hatch, this is what I get:

Muchas gracias ! I'm gonna try and get the order in today.

I can now see that a 270 will definitely fit. Aesthetically, what do you think? Would you go for it?

That's a beautiful blue. Haven't seen any in real life. Usually the Dark Red or Silver if not White.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

Thanks! When we were looking for ours initially, we were looking for silver or white, but then found this one and fell in love with Techno Blue. : ) Now we have two that color! Laughing I like all the EV colors though — each cool in their own way.

As far as your question: I think it will fit for sure. 270 cm from the very back, though, is just into the very beginning of the downward curve of the roof (sorry my pic didn’t show the roof better!). 260 cm would probably be perfect. If it were mine, I’d go 250 cm and mount it a few cm forward to split the difference, as that rear area is less critical awning-wise and aesthetically I think it would look better at the front.

That’s just my two cents though. Wink

HTH!
swsl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with a quick measurement on a Weekender/SWB Reply with quote

So helpful to have input from the point of view of the tape puller since I can't be there. I think I'll stick to the 8' one and split the difference as you said. I want max shade but also kinda hate to have this long attached case take over the vehicle. Not to mention gas mileage.

Techno Blue ! I was not thrilled to end up with a plain white van in my shopping phase, but am finding that I really do like Polar White in the Eurovan/T4 styling - far more than I ever thought I would. The only problem is it's inhibiting my natural bumper sticker tendency. Just looks so clean.

It's a fine looking ship in any color, agreed, but I'd pay a bit more for the Blue.

Much appreciation, eh. It's a big purchase and you really helped me sort the decision.

Cheers
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Awning size for EV Weekender SWB Reply with quote

Glad it was helpful! May the awning you buy be everything you hope it will be. Smile

It's funny, the very first Eurovan I saw when searching that made me think "Wow, these things can be sweet looking!" was a white Weekender, with tinted windows and custom Mercedes wheels. Cool
Beautiful (...and yes, much too clean to put bumper stickers on it. Wink).
pwcgecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Awning size for EV Weekender SWB Reply with quote

Here is my F35 8'2" or 250 cm:

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: