Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Set 48 IDA floats now will not start
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Set 48 IDA floats now will not start Reply with quote

I can't figure this out. Thought I'd check the floats in my 48 IDA's. Made aome gauges to the proper measurements. Left one was off a fair bit and needed a couple of extra fibre washers. Put everything back together and now wont start. Any ideas why this might be? I now have barrels on 1 and 3 filling with fuel aswell. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Set 48 IDA floats now will not start Reply with quote

Set wrong. Maybe the float bouancy is different now days. Here is a quick way to check. I use a piece of acrylic rod. The gas level should be 43 mm below. Where are you located, I have extra acrylic in 90505?

1. Take the main jet stack out after running the engine.
2. Put the acrylic into the stack hole while looking at the end. When the color changes you hit the gas.
3. You can put a grommet or split spacer on the acrylic if you like to make it easier. Slide it in until contact then measure to the grommet.
4. 43mm is what I set mine to.
Will tell you exactly where your fuel height is. I set my floats to spec and the fuel was 1/4 below where it was supposed to be. More accurate this way. The long piece is the 4 inch. I like it a bit smaller with the big stacks.
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Set 48 IDA floats now will not start Reply with quote

I'm in the UK unfortunately. I just noticed that the accelorator.pump pump jets on the carb to the 1/2 side are not spraying any fuel at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: