Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly? Reply with quote

Trying to find one, neither gowesty "schematics shop"nor basic image searching is producing clear results. Got one from image search, but pretty sure it's for a bay top, which may or may not be close enough. Anybody have a source?
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly? Reply with quote

Is this the image you found?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Looks right to me though, of course, there are no measurements.

Sort of depends what you're trying to do or answer.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly? Reply with quote

That's it. Good to know it looks right.

I'm going to be doing the "hole only"/crazyvwvanman install of a poptop to my tintop. I know the schematic doesn't really apply, but my brain processes information in the exploded views very easily and just want one for reference.
calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly? Reply with quote

heres a photo of a stock westy with the top off if that helps

crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly? Reply with quote

That diagram is for a small hole retrofit roof, as you can tell by the 2 roof arch support ribs there behind the hole.

Mark

Ahwahnee wrote:
Is this the image you found?

Looks right to me though, of course, there are no measurements.

Sort of depends what you're trying to do or answer.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Schematic/"exploded view" of poptop assembly? Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. I'd had that thought and that's even better!

Got the top, it's in great shape and CAN'T WAIT. No refurb needed, all hardware included, and like-new tent. I'll probably start a thread on the process and will put pictures there, mistakes included.

Random comment: If you're on the East side of merikuh and want to pay for a Subaru install, Complete Auto Repair and Sales in Staunton VA is a Vanaru shop and I was really impressed by how clean and well laid out an install I saw today was. Purty!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: