Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

punch/ flanger airtool repair
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike brind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: punch/ flanger airtool repair Reply with quote

Anybody have any experience repairing airtools on here? , my punch flanger has stopped working , it still makes a noise as if the main plunger is actuating but the jaws dont close , thanks
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: punch/ flanger airtool repair Reply with quote

Oil is your friend, sometimes the head gets jammed with a burr or small piemce of metal.
mike brind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: punch/ flanger airtool repair Reply with quote

Thanks for quick reply but its not that ive oiled it , i think its something internal, ive had it apart and all seem ok but it maybe one of the seals perhaps , but if anyone on here has experience with fault finding it would be handy. its a sealey SA36 .
mike brind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: punch/ flanger airtool repair Reply with quote

ok so i fixed it , initially the punch stopped working caused by a coworker abusing it then handing it back saying the punch has packed in , i was none to chuffed , his attitude didnt help , saying "well you got it for nothing anyway", yes it was a gift from my brother inlaw who pemanantly borrowed it from his work , it was never used as they did architectural welding so surpus , but not really the point, twat , i thought he had worn out the pin trying to put holes in too thick sheet steel, this was a good while back when i worked at a renovators mainly doing veedubs , but anyways i thought ide try and fix it , took it apart eventually when i found a diagram online , seemed ok on visual inspection , noticed it said something about checking hydraulic oil level , managed to blast it all over my face as some point as left out refil screw , thought ide refilled it enuff with jack oil , ,it ceased to work completely, , so gave up , went back to it , loosened the jaws so i could move hydraulic 2ndary piston back n forth to release air bubbles, it now works like new , chuffed.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: