Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!!
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuanbusku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Is Major League Baseball turning on the blue lights to provide the homer-hungry customer a blue suit?
https://github.com/juicerszones/bestmasticatingjuicer/wiki/Best-Masticating-Juicers-Reviews

The listing 6,105 homers hit during the 2017 regular season represented a more than seven per cent increase over the previous high of 5,693, place in the Steroids Era period of 2000.

And also the 2017 postseason featured even more longballs per match (2.74) than the normal season (2.51). Game 2 of the World Series between the Houston Astros and the Los Angeles Dodgers made a record eight homers--one more than the prior mark--and Game 5 was right behind with seven. A record 104 home runs were hit in the postseason, topping the old high of 100, set in 2004.
https://medium.com/@bestmasticatingjuicer/how-to-choose-a-best-masticating-juicer-2401a47a8d55

Drug-testing policies ostensibly have squeezed the juicers out of this match. Nonetheless, the boom may result at least partly from an arguably livelier ball along with the trend, over the last 20-some decades, toward smaller ballparks. Next, factor in MLB's debut in 2015 of Statcast[TM] technology. It includes dimensions like Launch Angle and Exit Velocity, which invite batters to take strikeouts and swing for the fences. Last but not least, consider the modern emphasis on power pitching, and possibly the results aren't so surprising.

"They're hitting .212 with 28 homers," Atlanta Braves pitcher Julio Teheran said late last year, sizing up the batters of now. "They do not care about striking out. Teheran will not have an argument from Hall of Famer Tony Perez. "They just need to hit home runs," the former Cincinnati Reds star told the Associated Press. "I guess that pays ." Perez finished his career with 379 home runs--but only once hit as many as 40 in a year. And his career batting average was a quite respectable .279.

It's debatable whether the motivation of the players can be summed up as just as Perez put it. Still, strikeouts have increased every year since 2008--climbing by 22 percent during that 10-year period. The record 40,104 Ks last season represented a mean of 16.5 per match --or more than eight per team. Indeed, the 50-homer year hasn't returned without a price.

Recall that cool breeze you sensed during the 2017 postseason? It was New York Yankees rookie Aaron Judge striking out a record 27 times in 13 games--just to have fellow newcomer Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers surpass him together with 29 Ks in 15 games. Bellinger struck out a World Series-record 17 times from the Dodgers' seven-game reduction to the Astros. Prior to Judge and Bellinger went to the airconditioning company, Alfonso Soriano's strikeout record of 26--put in 17 postseason games with the 2003 Yankees--had stood for 13 decades.

Under the glare of this postseason spotlight, both Judge and Bellinger struck out more often than they had during the regular season. In the postseason, Judge fanned every 1.8 at-bats, compared with once every 2.6 during the normal season. Bellinger struck out once every 2.2 at-bats in the postseason after whiffing once every 3.3 at-bats from the regular season.
https://sites.google.com/site/bestmasticatingjuicerreviews

"I was just overaggressive," said Bellinger, who became the first player in history to endure two four-strikeout games at the World Series. "I didn't make adjustments." Judge and Bellinger do, however, have important upsides, especially in this age of up, home-run-happy swings.

During the regular season, the 25-year-old Judge establish a major-league rookie record for homers, hitting 52 to lead all American League hitters. Meanwhile, Bellinger, at age 22, clubbed 39 homers, a National League rookie record and second at the league in 2017 into Giancarlo Stanton's 59. Bellinger also played Gold Glove-caliber defense at first base.

Additionally, Bellinger was not called up to the majors until April 25 and totaled only 480 big-league at-bats. Given a complete season in 2018, he's probably the next candidate to decode the 50-homer club.
Hank Aaron long has maintained that the modern player has too much single-minded, go-for-the-fences focus. Aaron, of course, struck 755 career homers to break Babe Ruth's record of 714 (then watched Barry Bonds, amid allegations of steroid use, top them both together with 762).
Though Aaron played in hitter-friendly ballparks in Milwaukee and Atlanta, he never hit 50 homers in season. Aaron's hallmark was consistency. He hit 40 or more homers eight occasions, topping out in 47, and ended with a lifetime batting average of .305.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"I do not think that they understand the part of what they need to do," Aaron has stated. "I am not saying all of them, but I feel some players will need to know they are never going to hit 50 home runs or 45 home runs. They have got to learn how to strike the ball into the opposite field and do the small things to help their ballclub win championships."[/img][/url]

Last edited by tuanbusku on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
mufchuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

sell it to someone in uk apply for the birth cert for age id
does each state have their own records or is it national?
plus there a 57 pan and engine for sale in iowa on this forum u could ask him if theres a title with sale
Simon3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Can I have the roof and sun roof mechanism ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

... good thing you got it for a great price... that $2500 shouldn't be wasted though. The sky is the limit with your options.. went to your gallery to check out the car and no pics appear there.

i'd recommend, taking some time to relax, park the car and walk away until you become more objective, if you are able to do that... write down all your options and discuss them with less-connected others. Peak at that beauty occasionally to get a positive re-charge. Try not to complain... instead, look at the positive aspect of the deal and take life-long lessons with you... i'd maintain a diary of sorts, adding all options, thoughts and plans... will be fun to look at, 20 years from now, when that sweetie is still part of your life - create some good, positive Karma, now.

At some point, you'll be ready to make a sound decision... either way, you can't loose on your investment - it may seem substantial for you now, but really is a manageable amount to deal with...

... just play it cool and consider everything as with the crazy-high prices old Dubs are bringing these days - you really already made a great investment.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK

Last edited by ZENVWDRIVER on Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hanksjim1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Check out the various threads on licensing in Vermont (you can even do so using your CA address)...not sure this will work for you, but worth some more research (be aware there is a substantial tax payment to VT with this approach)

Last edited by hanksjim1 on Wed May 23, 2018 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Find a place that does registration service as opposed to the DMV. They will usually find a way to get it done or at least be willing to work for you at look at all possibilities. You pay a service fee but it's all worth it.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

I did a tiny amount of searching about this topic.
and it's still possible to unjunk the car.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/checklists/registerjunk

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
mkbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Find a place that does registration service as opposed to the DMV. They will usually find a way to get it done or at least be willing to work for you at look at all possibilities. You pay a service fee but it's all worth it.

^^^^ this ^^^^

and check out this link http://www.asapvehicleverifiers.com/VV2LocationsServed.html

My Build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=667183
0nebadbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Check with your insurance company and inquire about doing a "bonded title". It's pretty easy, simple & pretty cost effective.

We've done it numerous times here in IL ... Lost, mutilated by washer, salvage, junk, out of the system etc... Whatever... it's worked like a charm every time.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

I dont think they drop from the books anymore, good old cheap storage. That’s bad as the owner had to specifically claim that instead of just being salvaged.

Try non-repairabletitle.com. It’s a bit expensive, $800 and 4-6 weeks
GB2S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

What does unrevised junk mean?
0nebadbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

GB2S wrote:
What does unrevised junk mean?

I would guess it was probably pulled from a bone yard prior to it being crushed. So, it would have been slated as junk upon surrender of the vehicle but after was then sold from the bone yard and that purchaser never bothered to register the junk yard title... Hence 'unrevised'
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

I'd be looking for an ugly titled '56 or '57 oval. You know, some severe rust bucket or perhaps a rolled one or butchered one. You buy that with title and that becomes your titled chassis for a body swap. You can transfer almost everything over if you pick one of those 2 years. Late oval window Bugs are not rare, something should turn up cheap if you have some patience.
VolkFanJefe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

I couldn't see your pics either..... There is some good advice posted!

Good luck on getting the legal stuff sorted, I think it should possible with some work. not sure If I missed it, but what state are you in?
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
My57Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Can any body help save my 57 oval rag, this SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Pictures? What pictures...........
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: