Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

check this out, low score at puyallup
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: check this out, low score at puyallup Reply with quote

check this out, I had the overall low score at puyallup. I had less than half of the points of the next closest bus in the show. 23 out of a possible 100 points. I totally lost that show. I wonder why. Wink they misspelled my name also.

http://www.northwestvwclub.org/events/springmeet/show04.txt

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spookymulder
Samba Proletariat

Location: I'm either at 95608, 97537 or 94708 only my CPA knows for sure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Greg scared off the judges so they didn't have enough time to evaluate your bus properly. Next time leave him at the airport you'll gain another 50 points easy.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They deducted because of the ragtop.

It's only fair
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job lind! i wonder if that is a record? i would be proud of that score.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am appalled.
WTF do they know?
Rizzag has it right.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VintageDreamz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind,
I'd be willing to take that last place POS off your hands, you'd have to give me a good price since it only scored a 23. Wink
57 PG SG Standard
66 Slider Standard
62 KG Convertible
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzag wrote:
nice job lind! i wonder if that is a record? i would be proud of that score.

I am totally proud of it. the next lowest score I could find for in any of their shows was 34. I got that dude beat by 10 points. what I really liked was that half a dozen people came up to me throughout the day and told me that my bus was their favorite VW in the show. lots of people were dumbfounded. 70 show cars and then my bus. in a class by its self. I'm sure that I drove at least 200 miles further to get there than any other car in the show. I will drive it to the fall meet and actually have it in a little more show-worthy form. maybe I can double my score. LOL.

spookymulder wrote:
I think Greg scared off the judges so they didn't have enough time to evaluate your bus properly. Next time leave him at the airport you'll gain another 50 points easy.

that probably isn't that far off. I think that I would have had a higher score if I hadn't let greg load a ton of parts into the bus. the funny thing is that loses you points at puyallup, but probably gains you points (or votes) at BYOB.

EverettB wrote:
They deducted because of the ragtop.

It's only fair

it was too loaded to see the welding on the inside, they must have checked for belly pans. those sneaky judges.

VintageDreamz wrote:
Lind,
I'd be willing to take that last place POS off your hands, you'd have to give me a good price since it only scored a 23. Wink

funny how my least valuable worst condition bus is my favorite. I would sooner give my '58 westy or '57 standard away than sell my '61. in fact it is the only vehicle I wouldn't ever sell (I know that you aren't serious)
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
[that probably isn't that far off. I think that I would have had a higher score if I hadn't let greg load a ton of parts into the bus. the funny thing is that loses you points at puyallup, but probably gains you points (or votes) at BYOB.

Probably!! Smile Maybe they thought Adam owned your bus and they got freaked out by his sideburns. Wink

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: