Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

no planning necessary
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Generally, am not a good one for plan-making... I am more of a reactionary than a pro-active type.... I don't really make long range plans, like living this whole life with a plan to be so-good and so-thoughtful as to end up in heaven for eternity... how about you... what is your plan to ensure or achieve eternal happiness? is that even a reality? Some believe there is nothing more important... and there are COUNTLESS methods to achieve this - takes planning.

So, you would love to have a 3 spoke VW steering wheel. I don't have to love to wish I had one... I already have it and if I sold it then, i'd be back to wishing for one, like you do... I don't want to be there, even at the cost of offsetting the cost for another material item... IF you REALLY wanted one, you'd have it and may NEVER let it go... at least, that's my program.

I think, much importantly that eternal-happiness is of paramount importance... thing is, I know-in-my-heart that we achieve that state, no matter what - we all RIP as fertilizer for mother earth... is such a relaxing thought - to be in a state of eternal relaxation, where human time, human problems, human tensions of Donald Trump or Kim Jong Un, human desires such as the wanting of anything, especially material, including the ultimate VW 3 spoke steering wheel or even the desire to be in the heavenly-illusion of Heaven with the human-concept of the heavenly illusionary-Father...

... at our expiration, we are forced to relinquish all human traits, in favor of the eternal "chill"... iz gunna' be the best and no planning necessary... just gunna happen.

Lotza peeps will disagree, in favor of their own account - believers, non believers, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Kurdish militiamen, ISIL caliphate fighters, Satanists, Jews, atheists, Republicans and Democrats, VW freaks, fundamentalists of every persuasion and the countless others with different ideas - they can all THINK what they want... so can I and so can you..,. all are valid , but one thing is for sure - no planning is needed. .. just gunna' happen.

... just not important to always have a plan to obtain a 3 spoke steering wheel or anything else.

What do you think ?
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK

Last edited by ZENVWDRIVER on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

I think you need to stop smoking that shit.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
Generally, am not a good one for continence plan-making...
What do you think ?

I generally use the restroom prior to leaving the house, never can be certain there will be a public toilet where you're going.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Laughing I think you want contingency Not continence in that sentence!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Laughing I think you want contingency Not continence in that sentence!

Depends, he’ll definitely need those in the event of a “gamble & lose”, you gotta plan ahead for that.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Religious threads are not allowed on The Samba.

There is no eternal life. You die and your done.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

People make EVERYTHING more complicated than it really is. That's what I think.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

3 spoke steering wheels are highly over-rated.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

... so far, so good... appreciate all your perspectives... z
1960 single cab
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
I think you need to stop smoking that shit.

HAHAHA!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

These people don’t know you man. I called you 30 years ago when I got here because you were the rep for Vintage Volkswagen Club of America. I never said thanks but you did help me and made me feel welcome. I’ve enjoyed talking to you at the shows through the years and I’m bringing extra chairs so stop on by at Eureka this August I’ll be in the same place I’ve been for years selling gently used VW parts.

Note to other responders this man has probably forgotten more about VWs that some will ever know, he’s a nice guy. So hey man send me a private message.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

So, how much do you want for that steering wheel? If you sell it to me now, you can not plan, how to use the money. If I wait till your wormfood, and buy it from your estate, you don't get the use of the money. Since I am a stark raving capitalist, sooner or later I WILL get it. Oh, just for shits and grins, I am also a stark raving Christian, so in this life or in the next, I WIN.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Oh Zen Dude, enjoyed the post, stuff like this actually makes me think, you would probably be fun to hang with, just sayin.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Note to other responders this man has probably forgotten more about VWs that some will ever know, he’s a nice guy. So hey man send me a private message.

What does that have to do with existentialism?
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
So, how much do you want for that steering wheel? If you sell it to me now, you can not plan, how to use the money. If I wait till your wormfood, and buy it from your estate, you don't get the use of the money. Since I am a stark raving capitalist, sooner or later I WILL get it. Oh, just for shits and grins, I am also a stark raving Christian, so in this life or in the next, I WIN.

... from your perspective, I completely agree...
1960 single cab
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

What do I think?

I think you get what you pay for whether material goods or spirituality, whether in this life or the next. Zero effort = zero gain! You can only reach what you desire with thought and effort.

I personally have never achieved anything worth while by kicking back and drifting with the tide/wind/current and I do not expect that to change - ever!

You are taking the easy way out my friend and I think you will be disappointed.

You asked...
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
What do I think?

I think you get what you pay for whether material goods or spirituality, whether in this life or the next. Zero effort = zero gain! You can only reach what you desire with thought and effort.

I personally have never achieved anything worth while by kicking back and drifting with the tide/wind/current and I do not expect that to change - ever!

You are taking the easy way out my friend and I think you will be disappointed.

You asked...

Not a problem... appreciate your point of view and I thank you.
1960 single cab
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2

awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
Religious threads are not allowed on The Samba.

There is no eternal life. You die and your done.

om mani padme hum------ the jewel of eternity is in the lotus of birth and death.

Too bad religion and politics are taboo on this site-- so much fun to discuss.
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
om mani padme hum------

Folding the flag is taking care of the nation,
Folding the flag is putting it to bed for the night.
I fell through a hole in the flag,
I'm falling through a hole in the flag...
heeeeeeelp

Wink
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

So you were around for the musical Hair?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: