Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

no planning necessary
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
Religious threads are not allowed on The Samba.

There is no eternal life. You die and your done.

It’s a science and finance thread, e=mc2 doode Laughing
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
So you were around for the musical Hair?

On a pure technicality that they had a Broadway revival in 1977, yes. The reason for that popping into my head when I read awreed's post was I wore out my original cast cassette listening to it so often in my teens and to this day I can still run through the entire song listing without prompting. I oft feel as though I have a jukebox in my head.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
There is no eternal life. You die and your done.

Ah! Zero accountability then? Sweet and easy!

If you can get your crap past the present court of law you are home free. No karma. Very Happy

This is kind of cool! Not often do people share deep thoughts!
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

No deep thought or accountability about it. There is no eternal life and I'm being dead serious. I'm not bashing you for believing, so please don't bash me for not believing.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

most of philosophy is just mental preparation for death

Studies show self image is greater motivator than personal goals.

If you have grown accustom to the idea that you are the sort of person who has a rare steering wheel, then being deprived of one should be a greater motivator to obtain one as compared to someone who simply wishes for one.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Rare steering wheel are just that - rare. Preparation/motivation totally optional as the vast majority will likely never see one.

The end of life on the other hand no one escapes so it makes total sense to give it serious thought and preperation no matter what you believe or don't believe.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
No deep thought or accountability about it. There is no eternal life and I'm being dead serious. I'm not bashing you for believing, so please don't bash me for not believing.

I didn't mean to bash you Dave, I was just musing as I typed about the depth of conscience and morality being tied to a very fallible legal system run by imperfect humans as opposed to those that believe in a higher power and a future after life with consequences. If belief in this life is as far as it goes then whatever you can get past the goalie is fair game - not?

Which in my limited mind explains the behaviour of some folks and perhaps the state of affairs generally. My opinion is that a belief in more than this life is a good thing for the present whether or not it exsists.
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Well little bits of us will live on with our kids. I think there's a purpose for us being here. I believe in a God. I'm not sure what's in store for us though. I try to do the right thing and be a good dad.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
I was just musing as I typed about the depth of conscience and morality being tied to a very fallible legal system run by imperfect humans as opposed to those that believe in a higher power and a future after life with consequences. If belief in this life is as far as it goes then whatever you can get past the goalie is fair game - not?

Which in my limited mind explains the behaviour of some folks and perhaps the state of affairs generally. My opinion is that a belief in more than this life is a good thing for the present whether or not it exsists.

It’s too bad religious institutions are run by fallible humans too.

I’d put faith in a 2000+ year old legal system as opposed to the previous.
Not like there’s a choice though.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:

Very astute observation!

Every system set up by humans will ultimately fail for exactly that reason in my view whether it be religious, government or legal.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
People make EVERYTHING more complicated than it really is. That's what I think.

Boy ain't THIS the truth. Take a look at the walmart is tracking you thread

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Spezialist wrote:

Very astute observation!

Every system set up by humans will ultimately fail for exactly that reason in my view whether it be religious, government or legal.

The Plutomony Memos explain the last two, I guess the first one could be described as causative.
Not because it’s designed as such, but the backlash from it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Spezialist wrote:

Very astute observation!

Sometimes the shit is hilarious just the other day the major news ran a story on a well known zealot that has said a voice has told him he needs a 47 million dollar Falcon jet so that he can speak to people all over the world. Not to be outdone another one of those guys already scored a lesser model for about 34 million and said he could not fly commercial because those planes are full of demons. People believe all sorts of things, what if a person believes they will inherit their own planet and become a god? Maybe George Carlin was right. 😁
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Sometimes the shit is hilarious just the other day the major news ran a story on a well known zealot that has said a voice has told him he needs a 47 million dollar Falcon jet so that he can speak to people all over the world.

Yet this same Pied Piper ALREADY has four other jets. However, if it was the government, they'd just levy a new tax or raise old ones (or both), you know, just for the kids.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

seems everyone's ideas are valid to them... is my point
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
So you were around for the musical Hair?

was around and can hum the song... really, don't know much about it, though
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
seems everyone's ideas are valid to them... is my point

Confirmation bias is another way to say it.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
Generally, am not a good one for plan-making... I am more of a reactionary than a pro-active type.... I don't really make long range plans, like living this whole life with a plan to be so-good and so-thoughtful as to end up in heaven for eternity... how about you... what is your plan to ensure or achieve eternal happiness? is that even a reality? Some believe there is nothing more important... and there are COUNTLESS methods to achieve this - takes planning.

So, you would love to have a 3 spoke VW steering wheel. I don't have to love to wish I had one... I already have it and if I sold it then, i'd be back to wishing for one, like you do... I don't want to be there, even at the cost of offsetting the cost for another material item... IF you REALLY wanted one, you'd have it and may NEVER let it go... at least, that's my program.

I think, much importantly that eternal-happiness is of paramount importance... thing is, I know-in-my-heart that we achieve that state, no matter what - we all RIP as fertilizer for mother earth... is such a relaxing thought - to be in a state of eternal relaxation, where human time, human problems, human tensions of Donald Trump or Kim Jong Un, human desires such as the wanting of anything, especially material, including the ultimate VW 3 spoke steering wheel or even the desire to be in the heavenly-illusion of Heaven with the human-concept of the heavenly illusionary-Father...

... at our expiration, we are forced to relinquish all human traits, in favor of the eternal "chill"... iz gunna' be the best and no planning necessary... just gunna happen.

Lotza peeps will disagree, in favor of their own account - believers, non believers, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Kurdish militiamen, ISIL caliphate fighters, Satanists, Jews, atheists, Republicans and Democrats, VW freaks, fundamentalists of every persuasion and the countless others with different ideas - they can all THINK what they want... so can I and so can you..,. all are valid , but one thing is for sure - no planning is needed. .. just gunna' happen.

... just not important to always have a plan to obtain a 3 spoke steering wheel or anything else.

What do you think ?

You are aware that Buddhists do not believe or have faith in a personal god or heaven right?
I’ve never wanted a three spoke wheel, I would like a high top panel though. I don’t pine (SP) for one though.
That was another time in my life, when there was an unseen future with unlimited time.
Time is the deal, time is our master. Time is what I think I want more of, but not really. You see, Enlightenment is just like a ladder, the contemplation of the next step is the meditation. The climb is the work on one’s self and arriving and touching that next rung is euphoria. Then we all become settled, and begin to contemplate the next rung. It never ends.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: no planning necessary Reply with quote

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31858/study-people-...benshapiro

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: