Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eccentric camber adjusting bushing
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Eccentric camber adjusting bushing Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
That link says the eccentric fits and Bus but the application chart says it does not. I wouldn't buy without getting clarification from the seller.

Thanks for catching that! I e-mailed Limebug in the UK for clarification! Shame on you
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Eccentric camber adjusting bushing Reply with quote

I would call these folks in the USA and verify they are in stock.

https://www.busdepot.com/j16938
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Eccentric camber adjusting bushing Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I would call these folks in the USA and verify they are in stock.
https://www.busdepot.com/j16938

Those look exactly like the ones from Limebug, the edge of the bottom-side of the hole is about the same distance from the edge of the conical surface.

And same with all these, below, yet none of them claim it's for "lowered" situations to correct non-stock camber scenarios. So either ALL of these are offset even more than OE, or Limebug is full of beans. I'd like to see a stock OE eccentric, but mine are installed so I can't access them.
I'm beginning to think I'm stuck with slightly negative camber on my '64 Bus front end.

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/front-axle/eccentric-camber-nuts-405-319-211-25494d.html

https://www.bus-ok.de/Camber-Nut-for-Balljoint-on-VW-T2-Bay-867-779-Oe-nr-211405319

https://www.justkampers.com/211405319-camber-nut-for-balljoint-on-vw-t2-bay-1967-1979.html
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Eccentric camber adjusting bushing Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Wildthings wrote:
That link says the eccentric fits and Bus but the application chart says it does not. I wouldn't buy without getting clarification from the seller.

Thanks for catching that! I e-mailed Limebug in the UK for clarification! Shame on you

Mostly for the boys and girls overseas: I heard back from Limebug, the Type I eccentrics are gold, the bay Type II eccentrics are silver (at least in their case). They also stated that the product description is correct, the compatibility chart is an error.

The big question remains, as to whether they are truly offset more than OE parts to enable a bit more camber to adjust out of the negative region on lowered Bay front-ends.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Eccentric camber adjusting bushing Reply with quote

spend the money and let us know. My guess is that they are the same as everyone else has. A lot of people just say whatever you want to hear to make a sale these days. I run into it all the time.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: