Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help! Reply with quote

Faron from Save the Texas Dune Buggy Here. Today was a HUGE Success, for many reasons. But the number one reason is because the Board decided to Table the Proposed Rule changes. The Board now realizes that this is a sizable issue, and it has got to be addressed. This leaves us a far smoother path to go down. Had the proposed rules been enacted, we would have to contend with that mess through Legislation. This also means that the Board is looking at this from our point of view, and Kuntz & his Cronies no longer get to sit in the Drivers Seat. You have got to believe me when I say that its rare for a Board to NOT simply Rubber Stamp what the TxDMV Staff puts before them
A couple of REALLY interesting things stand out to me. Towards the end, Kuntz was getting grilled by a board member. I felt that Kuntz could see that he was loosing the Board, as in they were siding with us rather than him. A board Memeber asked Kuntz who started all of this and what was the reasoning for doing so. When watching Kuntz, it looked as tough he slipped up when he said that Texas Automotive Dealers Association (TADA) had a influence on the decision when 217.3 was passed in the first place. Then did all he could to backpeddle what he had just said. Now we know the truth, I just dont know how to make it work for us, YET!
Another interesting thing that happened was when a Board Member asked Kuntz a direct question. (Well, to anyone else on the planet....) Kuntz Smiled and him with that condescending Cheshire Grin as if to say " "Its very complicated". The Board Member looked at him and said, dont sit there and Grin at me answer my question. That same board member also mentioned in a very annoyed tone, that every question that was asked of Kuntz, the response came with a long convoluted answer. It was NICE to see Kuntz squirm, and to see the disappointment on his face as the Board disagreed with him.
Everyone that is reading this needs to understand that this is in fact a Grassroots effort, because we stick together we will continue to have much success! The Board had NO IDEA that we would have 14 people there to oppose this rule. I watched the body language of the board and know that is a huge part of our success today. It was NOT just Faron, Justin, and Ron, this was a group effort and we all need to be thankful that everyone took the time to speak on our behalf. Again, the Board did not expect 14 people to show up. So we the next time, we are going to have to double or even triple that! After all I did say that we are gaining in strength, and we are not going away until we have a comprehensive outcome.
One last thing, and then I will shut up. There is strength in numbers! We have got to start getting more people to join the group, and more people need to get involved!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help! Reply with quote

Great news! I am in awe of you guys down there, both what you are having to deal with and how great the community has rallied to stop it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help! Reply with quote

Slight derail here, but still on topic.
If Texas outlaws Manx and street-legal rails, and I choose to vacation, by road, across the southern states all the way from shore to shore, am I legal, or illegal driving through Texas in my PA-registered vehicles?
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help! Reply with quote

You would be 100% LEGAL! They cant stop people who are LEGALLY Titled/Registered in other states to drive through. Crazy HUH?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help! Reply with quote

Outstanding! Now, all I have to do is save up the gas money! Last years excursion to Atlanta, The Everglades, Key West, And Myrtle Beach was $660. Wife was not pleased. This time I have to have cash in hand.
She thinks I can’t come up with that. Any of you guys in the north east want to split the proceeds from knocking over a crack house? I need a getaway driver!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Needs your help! Reply with quote

The Rally WAS October 25th, 2018. But we are selling T-Shirts, Hats, Stickers, that help support the cause.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: