Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBaudet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

The NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam is a spectator-judged vintage Volkswagen car show and picnic on Governors Island in New York City. With views of New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty behind a vibrant line-up of nearly 100 Beetles, buses, dune buggies, Things, and other original VW's circa 1950's - 1970's, this car show is a one-of-a-kind event for both the casual spectator and classic VW enthusiast, the next show will be held in July 8th, 2018. Spectator get in free and their first ferry leaves at 10:00am

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last year show :

https://youtu.be/SQ9oKJG_FYM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

Cool can't wait

ctvwa
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

Thank you, Julio!

just like I imagined it...
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

It was my first time because of the change in date, and it was as perfect as I could have hoped for. Thanks.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

Joe, i didn't see you there. Where were you hiding?
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

Awesome event as always. Parking on the grass made it all the better.

"Got a lot to carry? Get a box."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

Karzapart55 wrote:
Joe, i didn't see you there. Where were you hiding?

I had never been to the island, so after I set up, I went walking. The island is an amazing place. I spent 3 1/2 hours wandering, taking pictures, checking out all the arts and theater workshops, the Oyster Project, and other small enterprises, the Visitor's Center, the old fortifications and the gorgeous Victorian homes and mansions.

I had lunch at an open-air grille restaurant while looking at Brooklyn Heights. Then I came back to the show and sat under a tree in the shade with a book. Fell asleep. Missed the awards. Found the "People's Choice" award on the driver's seat of my '62. I went back to Julio to personally thank him for a wonderful time.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

I saw you under the tree with the book on your face. Didn't know it was you
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NYC Volkswagen Traffic Jam 2018 - July 8, 2018 Reply with quote

My camera crapped out at the show. Fortunately, someone else took a pic for me to remember the event by.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: