Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official deals thread - Van/Camping items
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Note: don't read this thread start to finish! Deals expire! Sorry!

If you find a deal that others members maybe interested in - you should post it here instead of making a whole new thread.

If you are a vendor/seller you cannot post/advertise here.

Deals:

RSfab's Powder coated black window latch plates - $5 a piece

Last edited by shagginwagon83 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:45 am; edited 4 times in total
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

https://www.pelicancasesforless.com/p-13028-pelican-1720-case-no-foam-black.aspx

With shipping this was the cheapest I found a pelican 1720 no foam.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

This deal ($99 $49) is still available:
Quote:
Mountainsmith Modular Hauler 4 - Mountainsmith has designed the ultimate to get your gear organized for last minute trips to the backcountry.The Modular Hauler 4 Travel Storage System?s color-coded cubes enable easy identification for all of your outdoor essentials: kid's toys, picnic items, bike gear, climbing gear, clean vs. dirty clothes, sports equipment and more. The Hauler 4 is designed to accommodate all Mountainsmith modular cube bags.

Just got mine and I am impressed with it so far. I like the idea of one trip to the van with everything packed and organized.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

I have taken this table lantern on two camping trips so far and it is amazing - super bright and great light dispersion + great (rechargeable) battery life + the magnetic strap and blue light option is also pretty cool:

https://www.ucogear.com/tabletop-led-lanterns/madr...anterns%2f

The bonus is that the entire site is on 20% off through until June 17 using the promo code DADGIFT. UCO's firestarter series of product is also pretty awesome - for spring and fall camping when things may be a tad damp.

Enjoy!
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

blue light is cool for discounts at K-mart but not good for night vision while camping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Apparently that is the point of the 'blue' light - you can use it should you awaken in the night without disrupting your/others' sleep patterns - there is some scientific bio-rhythm thing going on that is beyond the scope of my insights. I use the white for reading and playing cards and have used the blue as a beacon to mark the campsite for dark. In all, it is a great piece of camping equipment - I also have the Goal Zero Lantern and prefer the UCO for its simplicity - note that both units can be used to charge electronic devices as well and both can be charged via a USB cable.
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Paulbeard wrote:
This deal ($99 $49) is still available:
Quote:
Mountainsmith Modular Hauler 4 - Mountainsmith has designed the ultimate to get your gear organized for last minute trips to the backcountry.The Modular Hauler 4 Travel Storage System?s color-coded cubes enable easy identification for all of your outdoor essentials: kid's toys, picnic items, bike gear, climbing gear, clean vs. dirty clothes, sports equipment and more. The Hauler 4 is designed to accommodate all Mountainsmith modular cube bags.

Just got mine and I am impressed with it so far. I like the idea of one trip to the van with everything packed and organized.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
That looks like a great method, and looks like an ultimate DEAL, but $49 is just the collector bag. You have to buy the other 4 bags additionally.
I'd like to have that system up & running....

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:

The bonus is that the entire site is on 20% off through until June 17 using the promo code DADGIFT. UCO's firestarter series of product is also pretty awesome - for spring and fall camping when things may be a tad damp.
Enjoy!

Good tip.

I have one of their 3 candle lanterns and love it:

It puts out just the right amount of light and you can swap in citronella candles if there are bugs. If you're using it in the van it gives off a little bit of heat which is nice on a chilly night. They say you can heat water on it but I've never thought to try that.

The flat pack grill looks decent:
https://www.ucogear.com/portable-grills/uco-flatpa...-grills%2f
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Sodo wrote:

That looks like a great method, and looks like an ultimate DEAL, but $49 is just the collector bag. You have to buy the other 4 bags additionally.

Nope. You get all four inner bags, a drawstring bag, and the carrier for $49. About $55 to my door with tax and free shipping.

Get it while you can.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:
I have taken this table lantern on two camping trips so far and it is amazing - super bright and great light dispersion + great (rechargeable) battery life + the magnetic strap and blue light option is also pretty cool:

I bought this off amazon. I look forward to it! Do you ever charge your phone through the lantern?
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

I have not charged my phone from it as yet, but have used it to bump up the power (partially charge) a Bluetooth speaker and it worked pretty well. I have a couple of Blue Sea quick charge USB’s in the Westy that take of the phones pretty efficiently. The current Amazon price is a good deal.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Amazon.com has 3-Quart Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Combo Cooker (LCC3) on Sale for $27. Shipping is free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JKG9M?
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

edited: not a deal
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Paulbeard wrote:
Sodo wrote:

Nope. You get all four inner bags, a drawstring bag, and the carrier for $49. About $55 to my door with tax and free shipping.

Get it while you can.

There is an entire thread focused on these bags.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597694&highlight=mountainsmith

I have the set of four plus I added several more bags of similar style.
An insulated bag and also a dry bag for wet/dirty clothes.

We use these MountainSmith bags as our main travel bags even when not in the Van.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

180w panel for 110$

https://www.solarblvd.com/products/solar-cynergy-180-watt-12v-monocrystalline-solar-panel2018/
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
180w panel for 110$

https://www.solarblvd.com/products/solar-cynergy-180-watt-12v-monocrystalline-solar-panel2018/

I'm intrigued by this panel.
120w flexible panel w/ grommets
I've been thinking about a rigid fiberglass hinged lid over the luggage well. More weatherproof than my marine grade canvas cover and 120w solar, as well. My winter project this year.

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

I have that panel, ask my anything about it
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

They also sell a folding kit that I have.

https://www.solarblvd.com/products/solar-cynergy-160-watt-foldable-12-volt-solar-panel-2/

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...p;start=20
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Great idea for a thread.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

riceye wrote:

I'm intrigued by this panel.

As am I. That's a heckuva price for 120W. 100W panels are twice that. Is their stuff any good?

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: